• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom cam grinds

Superbeecody

Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
i have 440 stroked to a 493 in a 69 superbee I am look to put a solid roller custom grind cam in it . I guess my ? Who should I talk to about the grind an what brand of cam should I go with? Thanks

Bullet always makes good cams. If you wanted to go through someone who specializes in mopars Dwayne porter is a dealer for comp cams. He's has a lot of real world numbers and experience. Plus an great guy to deal with.

call dwayne porter @ 1-802-951-1955. he does what you need on a regular basis.

Bullet always makes good cams. If you wanted to go through someone who specializes in mopars Dwayne porter is a dealer for comp cams. He's has a lot of real world numbers and experience. Plus an great guy to deal with.
Thanks

I have a comp solid roller cam,lifters and springs.If you call Comp 5 times,,,,you will get 6 different opinions.Call Mr Porter,he has the knowledge you seek,,,,and he's a comp dealer.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm running a Comp Cams custom solid roller. I bought it off ebay though so not sure about who to talk to about your combo. I lost the cam card in my move but from what I can remember when I bought it it appeared to be a cheater cam with 6 pack duration and way more lift, 587. I built my engine to 6 pack specs so I thought I would try it. My solid purple shafts didn't like the 3 hour drive to the race track at the time. I've been pleased with the durability and performance so far. Hope this helps. By the way the car runs 12.51 in a 3600 lb R/T

I tryed calling mr porter an no ancer but left him a msg now just wait for a call back !

Dwaynes stuff always makes good power.
Doug

Call Comp Cams & ask for Chris Pagent, accept no one else ( @ Comp Cams).

i have 440 stroked to a 493 in a 69 superbee I am look to put a solid roller custom grind cam in it . I guess my ? Who should I talk to about the grind an what brand of cam should I go with? Thanks
Call Scott Brown @ Competition Components 1-616-499-6223 or www.buyraceingparts.com. He just did a 512 street wedge engine for me with a mild hyd roller cam, single 4 intake with the 440 source heads that made 683 hp and 688 torque pretty much across the board. Very nice pump gas street motor. When it is done it will look like a stock 426 street wedge for my 64 Plymouth Savoy. Scott has been doing cams for me for a long time and has always been spot on for my combos.

Call Comp Cams & ask for Chris Pagent, accept no one else ( @ Comp Cams).

Enough talk, fire up that 440..........and it's Chris Padgitt but kinda pronounced like you wrote it.

Call Scott Brown @ Competition Components 1-616-499-6223 or www.buyraceingparts.com. He just did a 512 street wedge engine for me with a mild hyd roller cam, single 4 intake with the 440 source heads that made 683 hp and 688 torque pretty much across the board. Very nice pump gas street motor. When it is done it will look like a stock 426 street wedge for my 64 Plymouth Savoy. Scott has been doing cams for me for a long time and has always been spot on for my combos.
about how long does it take to get a cam ground

I had Comp custom grind my solid roller and it was a couple of days.

My money would be on Comp Cams and I say that because I know a lot of people or a lot of racers out there like bullet but I had nothing but problems from him in the area of not returning phone calls not getting my information that I asked for completely ignoring me even though I placed five separate calls with voice mails and 5 emails and to this day over a year later still nothing so I would go with Comp Cams or pick somebody else my opinion

about how long does it take to get a cam ground

Depends on what it is and what you want done. Usually rollers are pretty quick, think last roller I got from bullet only took a few days. I have a custom ground solid FT comp in my rr, I had that cam nitrided so It took bit. Well worth the wait though.

would you tell a little more about your combo,thanks.

20170106_141234.jpg
20170106_141330.jpg
rvwbore.jpg
rvwbottom.jpg
rvwcam.jpg
would you tell a little more about your combo,thanks.
Here are a couple of pictures of the engine. Trying to make it look "close" to a stock 426 street wedge engine. Peak HP @ 5800 rpm 683 and max torque @4600 rpm 688 ft/lbs

OEM 440 block
ARP Main studs
Molnar 4.25 crankshaft with 2.200 rod journals
Autotec Custom pistons 4.380 bore 10.96 compression zero deck
Custom Hyd roller cam
Morel Hyd rolleer lifters
440 source heads 2.140/1.81 valves CNC ported Max wedge intake window. Inntake flow [email protected] lift exhaust flow [email protected]
Indy 440-14-2D dual plane intake port matched
Holly 950 Ultra HP 0-80805BK
PRW Roller rockers 1.6 ratio
Melling HV oil pump
street hemi oil pan with Milodon windage tray 32000
Dougs headers D452

Auto Transport Service
Back