• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cylinder heads.

johnpblack

Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a 440
I have just purchased some cylinder heads from Edelbrock. The part number is 60929, does anyone know what parts needed to install these if any? Or different push rods for better performance?

Those are essentially upgraded aluminum heads designed to use stock parts. Rocker arms and shafts, pushrods and springs.
You do need the ARP bolts to mount the heads.
I have these on my 440/495. 84 ccs when new, closed chamber. Much lighter and flow better than the 906, 452, 346 and the closed chamber heads of 1967.

Those are essentially upgraded aluminum heads designed to use stock parts. Rocker arms and shafts, pushrods and springs.
You do need the ARP bolts to mount the heads.
I have these on my 440/495. 84 ccs when new, closed chamber. Much lighter and flow better than the 906, 452, 346 and the closed chamber heads of 1967.
So, I have got the new head bolts but when I spoke to Edelbrock, they said that I needed new push rods if I wanted to use these.
I wasn't sure if they were just trying to get me to spend more.

My stock length pushrods fit.
I don't know why there would be a difference or why Edelbrock's guys would advise new ones. You can bolt them up and test fit.

I've seen one used

My stock length pushrods fit.
I don't know why there would be a difference or why Edelbrock's guys would advise new ones. You can bolt them up and test fit.
Have used stockers as well..

I would imagine with stock rocker arms stock pushrods "should" work. If you run roller rocker arms then you will need different length pushrods.

Auto Transport Service
Back