• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D L 's new Garage/ Building

Swampdog

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
I am building a 20X30 pole building that will hook up to my present garage. I am limited on size due to property lines and sewer lines.

Site 9-15-16.jpg Garage 9-18-16.JPG ready for pour 9-19-16.jpg

...I wouldn't at 60. This car-stuff...is tuff-enuff. LOL

Nice work, happy wrenching.

Very nice . . . I need to do the same thing and gain some additional work space too . . . maybe sooner than I originally thought . . .

Working on my Electrical installation. Got the meter base and mast all set. Got 6 each 4500 lumens LED light hung. I am fighting the Zoning people because I didn't get a pre slab pour inspection, so they won't give the electric people the ok to install the service.
CB Box 9-27-16.jpg
LED LIghtd 9-27-16.jpg Mast 9-26-16.jpg

The LED lights were $238 for all 6. I got $805 in the electrical parts and pieces. T building (and slab) was $12800.

NOTE--- don't get the Zoning people mad at you!!!!!

SUCCESS! finally. Turned each breaker on individually, none popped Good. Started turning on lights and checking outlets, nothing worked. Started running all kinds of things that could be wrong through my head. Remembered the guy dropped the meter on the ground when he was installing it. Then I remembered the main 200 Amp breaker at the top of the box. flicked it on, presto, everything worked.
full view meter 10-10-16.jpg

10K of that was probably the slab.

Auto Transport Service
Back