• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darkest Hour

I too like new movies that bring back the world as it was in a very bad time. I was just a kid but felt the trauma that my parents could not hide from us kids.
I grew up with a graphic understanding about what -real war- meant and was about. My parents were both veterans of WWII. I learned from what they would not tell me about.

My high school world history teacher was a Korean vet and a tank comander. He did a real good job of explaining what it was like to be chased off the field by waves of Chinese armed with barnyard utensils. Wave after wave of bodies and not enough amo to defend ones self even in a tank squad. I later had relatives that told me off their WWII experiences and later a company VP that told us of his experience at D Day. Dad rasied us with the understanding that war was not a HollyWood production, was not glamorous but was necessary as a last resort.

Hopefully it's a good movie. Hollywood has a way of trying to edit history.
Wouldn't be surprised if it tried to paint America as the bad guys

Did you see hacksaw ridge, I thought it was good. Also Dunkirk was a good movie. Had Tom Hardy in it.

Last edited:
Seems as though everything is about the bloody British these days. The news has as much about them as it does about us.

Very Interesting Laugh In's Arte Johnson Nazi 1a.jpg

Well if there’s one thing I’m sure of, you’re going to get a first class, first rate and a excellent acting job by Gary Oldman. Truly a Professional actor!

Going to see it on Thursday. The funny thing is that it's not playing in a lot of theaters. I'll let you know how it was.

My father in law, Colonel Bart Hayward, RIP, and I had a few long talks about war. He was in Korea and 3 tours in 'Nam. Brutal stuff. Way more brutal than my experiences.

Those were what I call, " All or nothing" moments. Stuff legends are made of.

Saw the film last week & found it pretty interesting. It basically chronicles 1 month from when Neville Chamberlain was voted out and replaced with Churchill. As soon as Churchill came into office, he was faced with the prospect of signing a peace treaty with Hitler or going to full out war based on what was going on at Dunkirk. Some of the politics involved have parallels to what's (still) going on in government today.

Hitler probably would've ruled Europe were it not for 1) the Pearl Harbor attack, and 2) the Russians on the eastern front.

This is another I need to watch soon .
A time of great men ! Wish we still had those types in society today !
My grandfather up and joined left my grand mother with a baby on the way and walked out of a very good job to defend our country ! Just think of how dangerous America would be if men like this were still around .
IMAG0635_BURST002-20171202-030823407.jpg

Darkest Hour. Saw it. If not for the balls of Winston Churchill (and the Japanese attack on Pearl), we could be speaking German here in the USA. After what Mussolini did to the Poles, who the hell could negotiate with Hitler? I am no History expert, but know that the Greatest Generation fought this global terror in Europe. Thank God it was not fought on the streets of Allentown. It could have been different. A lotta guys died.

Oldman won an Oscar, and was the only one there to say anything good about the USA.
And he's a Brit.

Auto Transport Service
Back