• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash pad 69 Runner

Aladdin

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
Hi, Newbie here, call me Aladdin. As I poke around here and get my shorts on straight I'm sure folks will tell me if I'm doing this wrong but here goes. I'm deep in to a 70 Charger 500 resto with all new AMD metal including torsion bar mount, so you can see I'm taking in like I said deep!
A question though on a 69 Runner with the same dash I have, as I was pulling the dash down to the fire wall on the 500 I did not see any simple way to get the dash pad out without pulling the whole dash, which involves pulling the windshield. A firend is asking about dash "pad" replacement only on the 69 Runner. I didn't see any way to access the small screws from the backside top with out pulling the whole dash, is it possible to do just the pad?

Thanks in advance, now I'll go try to post some in progress photos of the 500, and some of the car when it had the 58 Imperial 392 in it!

The studs on the pad are accessible from under the dash frame or through the opening after you remove the instrument cluster. I removed a pad from a 68 in a wrecking yard and it was a bit of a fight getting to the studs but it is doable. Good luck.

Welcome, Aladdin! Looking forward to your restoration pictures. Good luck with it.

-=Photon440=-

Welcome to the site - and we will need pictures of your project. I have changed a couple of pads with the dash in the car. Remove the glovebox cardboard and radio. I use a 1/4" flex extension with a dab of dumdum in the socket. It's really not as bad as it looks. If I remember correctly, there are six 3/8" nuts holding the pad on.

Auto Transport Service
Back