• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deciding what I want to do with 67 coronet conv.

Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
Hey! I'm new to this site and hope for some people's opinions on what I should do with my coronet convertible. I have 3 options that I could go. I could either keep it original, it originally came with the 318 and automatic on the column. I can make an R/T clone, just put a 440 magnum with a date correct engine and have automatic on the floor. Or go completely custom, I have a 6.1 hemi supercharged engine with 6 speed transmission, make it a four seater, custom interior, pro touring suspension and changing the color of the car.
I want to know what's the best route I should go and would like everyone's opinion.
Thank you!!

If you already have the 6.1 then that is the way to go for sure! Make that thing a pro touring beast!

I am a purist and like to see them stay original, ESPECIALLY if it is still matching numbers. Having said that, it is your car to do with what you want.

It's a 318 Coronet. Do what you want. I would not keep it original if it was me. I'd do a ProMod/Touring blown 440 with EFI.

Hey! I'm new to this site and hope for some people's opinions on what I should do with my coronet convertible. I have 3 options that I could go. I could either keep it original, it originally came with the 318 and automatic on the column. I can make an R/T clone, just put a 440 magnum with a date correct engine and have automatic on the floor. Or go completely custom, I have a 6.1 hemi supercharged engine with 6 speed transmission, make it a four seater, custom interior, pro touring suspension and changing the color of the car.
I want to know what's the best route I should go and would like everyone's opinion.
Thank you!!

I don't have any doubt about the direction you should go with it . . . check out the work on my 67 Belvedere . . .

Budget plays huge on options
This. ^

Ultimately do what you want.

My budget options are limited to finding any Mopar product with a 440 hooked to either auto or 4 spd, then part out the body and rebuild the 440 close to factory spec (maybe slight cam, headers, carb upgrade) with the machine shop doing the heavy lifting whilst I do the bolting together. (Also search for a sure-grip rear).

That plan is barring falling into a bucket of money or hitting the lotto.

I'll (personally) never go clone though. It seems dirty or deceptive slapping badges on a car that are not correct. I'll be fine with my sleeper 440 without faking an R/T.

IMG_20170617_155546492_HDR.jpg

I would think the hemi conversion would be the most expensive and if installed with all the electronics : are you capable of repairing it .? I like a 440 with a bit more punch than stock with a 5 speed overdrive. Upgrade to electronic ignition and now it is almost bullet proof with street driving. My 2 cents.

I would think the hemi conversion would be the most expensive and if installed with all the electronics : are you capable of repairing it .? I like a 440 with a bit more punch than stock with a 5 speed overdrive. Upgrade to electronic ignition and now it is almost bullet proof with street driving. My 2 cents.

I would be able to do everything with the coronet. I know how to do bodywork and paint, suspension, engine. I just want to know what route i should take before I do anything else

This. ^

Ultimately do what you want.

My budget options are limited to finding any Mopar product with a 440 hooked to either auto or 4 spd, then part out the body and rebuild the 440 close to factory spec (maybe slight cam, headers, carb upgrade) with the machine shop doing the heavy lifting whilst I do the bolting together. (Also search for a sure-grip rear).

That plan is barring falling into a bucket of money or hitting the lotto.

I'll (personally) never go clone though. It seems dirty or deceptive slapping badges on a car that are not correct. I'll be fine with my sleeper 440 without faking an R/T.

View attachment 554460
I agree with that! I felt the same with doing a clone is wrong but I just wanted someone else's opinion about it

Auto Transport Service
Back