• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deciding what I want to do with 67 coronet conv.

Agree...go buy a car thats done. Keep the vert to tinker with...
But I would rather work on it as a project car. I understand some people want already restored car instead of getting a project for restoring it. But I would rather restore and get a project. But thank you for your opinion!

But I would rather work on it as a project car. I understand some people want already restored car instead of getting a project for restoring it. But I would rather restore and get a project. But thank you for your opinion!
Thats a pretty nice coronet there. It would be a shame to see it modified extensively (and expensively). Your money....do as you please. Myself i would find something else to modify.

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

I'd vote for a day 2 build at a min
or a Resto-mod, pro-touring
what ever drivetrain & engine or options you desire,
or what ever floats your boat
the build budget & your ability/skills, parts available
the cars condition &/or your knowledge is about
"the only limiting factors"

check out the Racers Hangout
also check out the Resto-Mod & Pro-Touring Forums
if you chose the day 2 modifications route

now the Pro-Mod is a totally different animal
that's a hi-5 second low 6 sec. quarter mile drag car
I'm all in on that style build :lol: I'm a bit twisted too

god luck & happy Moparing

Congrats!
Is it your wanna be dream car?
Then build your dream.

If it isn't, its gonna be your money pit nightmare car.

There are several 67 RT verts a available in the 40k - 55k already done.

Then spend the rest on booze & women.
oldgit.gif

ban-woohoo.gif

So in your opinion, would you keep it all original?
If it were mine i would keep the vert(rare) close to stock and find a hardtop(common) to modify however i wish. Cheaper start....stiffer body to handle the power and handle better. 2 cool cars are better than 1!!

If it were mine i would keep the vert(rare) close to stock and find a hardtop(common) to modify however i wish. Cheaper start....stiffer body to handle the power and handle better. 2 cool cars are better than 1!!
Thank you for your opinion. I really appreciate it. It seems everyone wants me to restore it. So if I do, it'll be concours restoration. I just been looking online to see if their were any R/T convr. projects for sale though first.

Thank you for your opinion. I really appreciate it. It seems everyone wants me to restore it. So if I do, it'll be concours restoration. I just been looking online to see if their were any R/T convr. projects for sale though first.
It your car and your money so you get to do what you like. No one can say you are wrong whatever you decide.

Welcome from Canada, Ilike the 4 bucket seat thing in a conv. Modified 66/7 charger interior.... And a charger grille. Drive trains come and go, you can change that every winter lol:thumbsup:

Welcome. Nice car.

Because it's a 67. Their emblems and such are difficult to find. Don't go the R/T route.
Leave her as is but drop a built 360 from Indy. Rebuilt the tranny.

Well I have decided to restore my car to the way it came from factory. I will be either dropping a small block or big block in but rebuild the original 318 and just store it in my warehouse.
Thank you all for your opinions! I greatly appreciate it!

Welcome from North Carolina. I would restore the body and interior to stock. Then upgrade the suspension for a better ride and put any drivetrain in that you want. That way, returning it to original will not be all that difficult. Once you start "modifying" the body and interior, it's a lot harder to return to original form. Like others stated before me, if the Coronet isn't you "dream" car, spend the money on a car that is.

My opinion on these questions is always the same, what option would be the most enjoyable for YOU to drive? What excites you at a show..a factory correct beauty, a fat tired Pro Street Beast or a Low and Nasty (in a good way) Pro Touring machine?

For me I don't enjoy squishy suspension and tires that limit my use, would prefer to not be screaming down the freeway at 3,500+ rpms sucking down the gas and definitely don't like being limited to my options by correctness.

To each their own, make it your own exactly how you want it.

Well I have decided to restore my car to the way it came from factory. I will be either dropping a small block or big block in but rebuild the original 318 and just store it in my warehouse.
Thank you all for your opinions! I greatly appreciate it!

Sounds like a plan.

If it were me, I wouldn’t waste money rebuilding the 318 just to toss it in a warehouse. If anything I’d oil it / grease the bores so it won’t freeze up on me and seal it up so water and mice can’t find their way in.

Auto Transport Service
Back