• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Defroster duct tabs all broken/missing

Dibbons

Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a foto of the placement/size/angle positioning of the four '72 SSP plastic defroster tabs that connect the defroster duct to the dash? Anyone know what size screws were used? I need to fabricate some new tabs, using JB weld and some round washers, or something like that. They appear to have been about 20 centimeters apart on each side. Thank you.

DSC00445.JPG DSC00444.JPG

I have mine out at home. I will take some pictures tonight when I get home along with some measurements. Mine is a non a/c car so I am not sure if that affects anything. They should mount to the same spot though.

the tabs are on a real freaky angle on one side
to repair it you might have to mate it up to your dash frame
to figure out that angle.
unless you had a good one in hand to copy from
there are holes on the dash frame that will line up to it
you should just be able to find a good one with tabs
they are not hard to find,i probably have a extra floating around

DSCF8318_zpsypwbqbpz.jpg

Last edited:
I have one if you needed

I will post more if this doesn't help you. I'm not the best picture taker. They are all over the dash and screwed in with little fat screws. Mine was really damaged so I had to buy a new one from tonys moparts.

20170216_190012.jpg
20170216_190101.jpg

20170216_185918.jpg

For some reason I can't get the measuring pictures to load but I will try again later. There are 4 tabs that look just like this one with the same dimension. With as much heat as this area would see in the summer you might be better off replacing it. Sorry, I don't feel as if I am helping much with these.

I think i have enough to begin fabricating something the unit is non a/c. Thankyou everyone. According to the factory service manual the screws are inserted from the top of the dash.

Auto Transport Service
Back