• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DePouli's 1969 Charger 318

Shipped out the AC compressor to be rebuilt. Should have made it to Tampa last week. Wonder if how they are doing with the storm.

Gonna bring the AM/FM radio to Hershey to have an old friend of the family get it working perfect. It works just the dial indicator and the actual frequency being picked up are not in sync.

How is Hershey for parts? I go every year but have always been looking for pre-war Buick stuff never made much effort to even scout out the mopar guys. Carlisle is probably better for Mopar huh, oh well I'm a Hershey guy.

It's awesome you're keeping it a small block - every second gen charger seems to have a big block... my 68 was originally a 318 / 904 car... i really miss that combo - drove it like that through high school, then a 360 MP crate, then a 383, then a 440, then a 512, and finally now a 6.1L Hemi - but have a 6.2L Hellcat short block waiting to go in with some boost...

Great looking car! I agree on the small block. If you are going to drive it it is going to be more enjoyable.

two months later I'm back...

Sorry for going missing. Work has slowly been progressing, but did admittedly come to a bit of a stand still. I had a car show every two weeks from late Sept until next week (Autofair, Hershey, Tom Cotter's Woody Party, Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance, and a small local show. Plus I bought another 1938 Buick in there as well...

Hershey
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/300013-hershey-or-bust/

Hilton Head
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/301218-carolina-roadmasters-valve-in-hilton-head/

New Acquisition
http://forums.aaca.org/topic/300890-carolina-roadmasters-collect-all-4/

In the mean time on the Charger the shop has been progressing slowly and the car is now in primer.

IMG_20171108_113945.jpg
IMG_20171108_113954.jpg
IMG_20171108_114000.jpg

As you can see the suspension is out of it. So that's my ASAP task is to get that cleaned up, painted and back together with all new bushings, bumpers and ball joints. All of which should be sitting ready to go from an earlier Yearone run. The goal is to finish that as the shop finishes the paint work on the engine compartment, jambs etc so we can set it back down on the new suspension and roll it back into my garage and put the engine and trans back in it and then the under-dash, dash windshield etc.

I got the AC compressor back and the radio is off for some fine tweaking.

Funny how all our chargers look the same in the booths, the moment before becoming a shiny gem again. Is that new acquisition the car that Sonny Corleone got killed in? lol. Nice ride!

download.jpg

We decided to put an form of undercoating on the floor boards inside and out and a few other spots. The "visible"spots will be tinted to match the body color.
IMG955233.jpg

IMG955234.jpg

My Coronet with the factory 318 (RV Cam, FiTech EFI and dual Exhaust) is perfect for a cruiser. Won't smoke the tires but has all the torque required to be a competent cruiser to say the least. Great your keeping stock.

The shop has made good progress on the under coating.

And meanwhile I've been making progress on the suspension and other black bits.
The suspension is back to the shop and with any luck she'll be back on her feet next week.

And hopefully back home for Christmas.
IMG_20171128_143319.jpg
IMG_20171128_143325.jpg
IMG_20171128_143429.jpg
IMG_20171202_134143.jpg
IMG_20171202_134146.jpg

That would be great to have her back for Christmas. Looking great!

Sweet! That is going to be awesome!! Maybe back home for Christmas?

Great build!
Growing up, my friend had a 68 Charger with a 318.....mild build. ...thing scooted along just fine!

Jeff

More photos from the shop.

It's back on it's feet. I didn't do the brakes yet this the drums are still rusty.

I am so loving how it looks.
IMG_5370.jpg
534961861.jpg
534961865.jpg
IMG_5371.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back