• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diagram for Body Bumper Kit?

Evoking

Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score
Ordered a kit for my 68 Charger and it didn't come with instructions. I Google'd but did not find anything. Anyone have a diagram by chance?

Here I just made this up.. Hopefully you can read it. If not save picture and open in paint or whatever it opens in. Anyhow I know a few of them from the Roadrunner. Some here in the charger kit are a little different. But here is what I know. I believe the 2 weird shaped ones that I do not have labeled up in the top area are window regulator bumpers.. They go in the door.

$_57.jpg

The door locations can be seen here in the copper roadrunner outer most part of the door 2 black rubber bumpers per door.

plymouth_1969_roadrunner (56).jpg

You can see the 4 wedge style on each fender And the 2 smaller round ones at the back of each hinge point. And you know the adjustable ones go up in front by the core support.

178516_Engine_Web.jpg

Last edited:
Here I just made this up.. Hopefully you can read it. If not save picture and open in paint or whatever it opens in. Anyhow I know a few of them from the Roadrunner. Some here in the charger kit are a little different. But here is what I know. I believe the 2 weird shaped ones that I do not have labeled up in the top area are window regulator bumpers.. They go in the door.

View attachment 399272
The door locations can be seen here in the copper roadrunner outer most part of the door 2 black rubber bumpers per door.

View attachment 399274

You can see the 4 wedge style on each fender And the 2 smaller round ones at the back of each hinge point. And you know the adjustable ones go up in front by the core support.

View attachment 399273

Thank you. Very helpful. The round hood bumpers are in. Door bumpers in - except door tag. I put the trunk ones on as well. The hood wedge ones don't seem to want to fit. And there are two types of large ones that may fit in the hood. Trying to figure them out.

I put the hood ones in backasswards the first time around.. Flipped each one and it was good to go..

I just did this job on my Road Runner. Everything went like cake except the ash tray bumpers. One just disintegrated into split pieces as soon as I inserted it, the other popped right in. I guess one ash tray bumper is better than none. No big deal.

Not sure where the 'T' shaped single bumper goes?

Also, I do not see where the glove box bumpers would fit?

So, I have two bumpers left from the kit:
1) The 'T' shaped.
2) One tag door sized bumper

I noticed the trunk lid bumpers were a bit wider, and shorter than the originals I took off? My originals were fossilized, so even the ill fitting replacement is an improvement.

Thanks for the picture, BeepBeepRR. It jump started me to get the job done quickly.

No problem.. I couldn't figure out the t shaped one either.

Auto Transport Service
Back