• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dimmer switch

marlabuck

Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
:iamwithstupid:...Hi guys...is a dimmer switch hard to replace? My brights speedo hi beam light will work but I have to pump the dimmer switch 20 times so I'm thinking replace the switch and pig tail...yes? no?...whatcha think? Marla...PS the photo has nothing to do with this topic but I had to show you where I put my new Bird Head...

Attachments

• Dash 012.jpg
    Dash 012.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 176
if youre talking about the high/low beam dimmer switch on the floor , this is an easy swap and you should have no problem. hardest part will be getting the carpet out of the way ! beep beep !

If you're talking about the switch in the dash, it's pretty easy too. A replacement dimmer can be found at most parts stores and details can be found at the link about the lighting issue in my signature.

Long story short, if you remove the heater controls, washer/ wiper controls, there's a little button on the bottom of the dimmer assembly that you can push to remove the pull knob. The rest is pretty clear. Let me know if you need any help!

floor dimmer switch is easy to replace. two 5/16" bolts and a connector unplug. pulling the carpet back should be easy. remove driver's kick panel by removing sill plate, then the one screw holding the kick panel in, then just pull back on carpet at the corner (where driver's left foot would rest) and pull back towards the center hump. remove two bolt/screws from dimmer switch, unplug connector in install new one in reverse order. hope this helps.

Cool...Thanks guys...once again the wealth of knowledge in this forum is awesome!:love4:...Marla

Auto Transport Service
Back