• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dishonest FBBO member

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwi

Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I am very disappointed with a certain member here. I posted that I needed certain parts, he sent me a PM on Sunday saying he had what I was looking for and the price......I responded within 2 hrs and said I will buy them, give me your Paypal address and I will pay right now, also gave him a choice of 2 addresses of where to send the parts, one in FL and one very near him in the West, then I did not hear from him for 2 days after repeatedly trying to contact him. I finally get a PM just now saying the parts have been sold!
Shame on you, you know who you are!:icon_fU:

That sucks. Not the usual case with FBBO guys. Lets hear his side of the story...

Oh,
So sorry to hear that.
Ah, shucks, perhaps it just wasn't meant to be.....

BTW: I'll sell them to you at 2X the price I paid....
(tee-hee-hee)

Full apologies,
Again that sucks though
Why didn't he just tell you: "I sold to someone else"
Thanks for the info...

OK...Now my side. I didn't like the fact that he wanted me to hold them until August as he was supposedly "out of town," and wouldn't be back until then. I said no to that and he then said OK send them to AZ. WTF. He is located in FL and wants me to send them to his Friend in AZ??? I didn't like that arrangement and therefore went with the first person that sent me funds. As it turned out I actually screwed up and had sold them previously to another member here. So I refunded the funds that were sent yesterday and let this individual know that they had been sold. I was not comfortable with the whole set up. And he then proceeds to PM me with an unkind remark so I responded in kind and I am now ignoring him all together. I have a fairly good standing and reputation here with my parts sales and will readily admit when I have made a mistake and/or screwed up. This is one of those cases as far as I am concerned. I was going to explain the whole situation to him but instead he chose to rant about my dishonesty before I was able to get a PM off to him to explain what had happened. A loose sort I guess who jumps to an assumption/conclusion before having an explanation or the facts. So there it is. I am truly sorry FWI but you not only lost my respect, you pissed me off!!! I am done with my side and I can sleep at night regardless of your opinion...cr8crshr/Tuck

Last edited:
OK...Now my side. I didn't like the fact that he wanted me to hold them until August as he was supposedly "out of town," and wouldn't be back until then. I said no to that and he then said OK send them to AZ. WTF. He is located in FL and wants me to send them to his Friend in AZ??? I didn't like that arrangement and therefore went with the first person that sent me funds. As it turned out I actually screwed up and had sold them previously to another member here. So I refunded the funds that were sent yesterday and let this individual know that they had been sold. I was not comfortable with the whole set up. And he then proceeds to PM me with an unkind remark so I responded in kind and I am now ignoring him all together. I have a fairly good standing and reputation here with my parts sales and will readily admit when I have made a mistake and/or screwed up. This is one of those cases as far as I am concerned. I was going to explain the whole situation to him but instead he chose to rant about my dishonesty before I was able to get a PM off to him to explain what had happened. A loose sort I guess who jumps to an assumption/conclusion before having an explanation or the facts. So there it is. I am truly sorry FWI but you not only lost my respect, you pissed my off!!! I am done with my side and I can sleep at night regardless of your opinion...cr8crshr/Tuck

Now I am totally confused....

What can I say Tuck...
Didn't know it was you...

Now I am totally confused....

What can I say Tuck...
Didn't know it was you...

Believe me I am the first one not happy with the way this turned out. I was preparing to explain yet never got the chance. I would gladly make it up in some way but I am not sure that that will smooth things out. Anyway...I know most of you will accept my side of this issue as well as the other. But damn when you call me a derogatory name in a PM, then all bets are off and the gloves come off as well. So I responded in kind...Anyway, I need to rest my disabled back now so I have nothing further to add. Damn it sucks getting longer in the tooth and the body breaking as fast as it is...cr8crshr/Tuck

Believe me I am the first one not happy with the way this turned out. I was preparing to explain yet never got the chance. I would gladly make it up in some way but I am not sure that that will smooth things out. Anyway...I know most of you will accept my side of this issue as well as the other. But damn when you call me a derogatory name in a PM, then all bets are off and the gloves come off as well. So I responded in kind...Anyway, I need to rest my disabled back now so I have nothing further to add. Damn it sucks getting longer in the tooth and the body breaking as fast as it is...cr8crshr/Tuck

I've known you for quite sometime
Your a "GOOD GUY"
Sorry you are both in this "Fray"

fwi is a GOOD GUY too.....

Not that either of you asked me for my opinion, but, after reading both sides I feel like fwi should have waited to hear from you and find out what motivated you to do what you did. Not cool to "label" someone as dishonest before finding out the entire story. Both sides have a different point of view about the same facts. Best to gather all of the info before taking any action.

PS...I think yer both good guys too. Unfortunate situation.

It looks like both parties here were at fault for a transaction going sour.

I learned a lesson when I was 20 about this.
Was selling a 51 Cadillac. A buyer came to me in person and gave me $50 to hold the car. We did not agree on a time for the hold and after two weeks passed another buyer showed up with the full price. I sold it to him on the spot.

My lesson came clear to me when the first buyer showed up to pick up the car. Needless to say he was pissed. I gave him the $50 he put down on the car and listened to his displeasure that I had no come back for. --He was ripped by me clearly.-- We had an agreement that was left open as to time and I closed the agreement on my own. --Shame on me--
This sticks with me after all these years. I was the jerk.

I almost failed again just recently with a car sale. The buyer that I chatted on the phone with said he needed time to explore shipping cost.--I said take your time and left it at that.---Wrong--

After a few days with other buyers waiting to hear from me I was left with my -word- to the first buyer (handcuffs I put on myself) and even had to contact him to tell him of my mistake of giving him an open time frame to work with. Fortunately for me, he backed out of the sale and allowed me to move on to the next buyer.

It's great making new friends but that is not what we are doing when we meet in a transaction.

Last edited:
But then there are the case like this: I agreed to sell my mini-bike (as a kid) to a boy and his father "tomorrow" when they said they would return. Right after they left, another kid talked me into selling the mini-bike to him on the spot. The next day, I was worried about how I was going to explain selling to someone else. Well, the first "buyers" never, ever showed up. Problem solved itself and I learned not to trust a stranger.

But then there are the case like this: I agreed to sell my mini-bike (as a kid) to a boy and his father "tomorrow" when they said they would return. Right after they left, another kid talked me into selling the mini-bike to him on the spot. The next day, I was worried about how I was going to explain selling to someone else. Well, the first "buyers" never, ever showed up. Problem solved itself and I learned not to trust a stranger.

I see you got my point.---The next day you worried about explaining.--
The same lesson as me but you skated on the face to face humiliation.

I had a situation (not on the forum) with a "buyer" who I bent over backwards for on holding my item and kept screwing me around. He said he would send payment and then that day came and went and he pleaded with me to hold on having various sad excuses. Meanwhile I had two other interested buyers and out of respect for the 1st guy I held them up. As it turned out this bastard was just getting some kicks out of this and I eventually asked him if he needed some mental counseling if this gave him a rise. I had a similar sob story some time ago as well. Here is what I tell interested buyers now who are unable to pay and close the deal right off: I need a pay date within 2 to 3 days. If I have another buyer who is ready to pay and I don't have payment by then I'm selling it and if I by chance receive funds I'll return them. Now I'm on the other end of a deal waiting for a seller to reply to me after two messages...

I think he misunderstood when I gave him a choice of both my addresses, as I have 2 homes, but he did ignore my asking for a Paypal address, because I wanted to pay right away so as to not let the deal get away.
He's been around here even longer than I have and I am sure he is a good guy normally so, I will let it go and keep on searching for those valve covers.

I think he misunderstood when I gave him a choice of both my addresses, as I have 2 homes, but he did ignore my asking for a Paypal address, because I wanted to pay right away so as to not let the deal get away.
He's been around here even longer than I have and I am sure he is a good guy normally so, I will let it go and keep on searching for those valve covers.
Let me ask you something.
Why would you want to go buy something and want the seller to sit on em for 3 months before shipping? Cause you don't want them to get away? That just doesn't make any sense? Maybe he should charge you for storage!
Why don't you go to the dealer and pull the same stunt, maybe you could piss them off too!

was there any actual conversation? so much gets lost in texts/pm's/email

This is exactly why I don't hold squat for anyone, for any reason, and everything is still for sale until I see money. I hate to screw somebody who really needs a part, but there are just too many people who beg and plead to get some time, other buyers come and go, and Mr. Promises vanishes or backs out.

this is regarding some mopar performance black valve covers your wanting , right . what are you paying for them . there still can ber had new in the box from most suppliers . just bought some used ones myself , but new ones can be had .
IMG_3397.jpg
IMG_3398.jpg

Thank Sir very much. And please accept my apology for both my screw up and our small spat in the PM's. I had no intention of ignoring you at all. That is not the right way to conduct things. I know I let you down because you had been counting on them. And it's tough sourcing parts when trying to do this hobby on a budget. I know they are out there so I am confident that some will turn up for you eventually. I would like to make it up to you if I can here...I am slowly getting away from the hobby and selling or getting rid of all my spare parts that I have. Is there something perhaps you are in need of besides the Valve Covers say a 2 Grove Crank Pulley or some other mechanical/electrical part you are sourcing. I do have the Crank Pulley if you would like. It is a brand new item. Anything you might need I just might have and I am more than willing to give it to you free of change and that will include shipping. Just call it my way of making amends for my screwing this first deal up. I have been in sales a long time and know that regardless of whom the customer may be, it is always the best to make a bad deal become better. Hope you understand and will at least give me a chance to make it up to ya. Thanks for at least understanding. Respectfully...cr8crshr/Tuck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back