• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you use UBER??

Reminds me of a railroad taxi shuttle driver who had to call his parole officer before he crossed over the Mississippi river from Illinois to Iowa.

These driver do not get a back ground check,do not need to prove citizenship.Now they can use their own car with passenger plates.That means if something happens the insurance Co will deny coverage.
Your taking your and your families lives in your own hands if you climb into one of these cars!!!!!!!!!

On of my accounts is a licenced with medalions taxi service.R/R station,airports and any ride you need. They are licenced with a stupit amount of insurance that is required to have TLC plate.Uber does not require the driver to have ANY kinda licence.

Rhymes with ?

goober-pyle.jpg

I've only used Lyft a couple of times. They aren't perfect, but no where NEAR the bad rep of Uber.

I use them on a regular basis all over the country and it is a great service. You have to consider the hundred of thousands of trips they make without any issues. Most of my colleagues use them and my kids (26 and 22) use them all the time. They invented a better system with a few different levels of service. Give it a try, you can track the car coming to get you, you get a picture of the driver and their car and it is `100% cashless service. No physical money ever exchanges hands.

I've Never used it, probably won't,
hell we don't have it up here in the sticks,
we just drive our own **** :poke: where ever we need to get/go,
or get a family or friend to drive you...

I have a few friends in the Valley & Bay Area that have,
that travel a lot, to & from the airport, don't want to pay
exorbitant taxi prices or parking long term etc....
So they do Uber, there's a few ridesharing services too...
I asked them what the big deal was all about,
they all pretty much said;
"it was like a taxi ride in someone's backseat
of their personal car, it was no big deal",
swiped card in a "Square" deal on the guys cellphone
IIRC my buddy Robert said they didn't take cash,
at-least the one he was talking about, going from
Rancho Murieta {rural south Sac.}, to Sac. airport,
probably 30+ miles, I didn't ask what it cost...

I've used Lyft many times. Always had a great experience. I stopped using uber years ago after getting ripped off a couple times with their premium pricing, never again.

I use them on a regular basis all over the country and it is a great service. You have to consider the hundred of thousands of trips they make without any issues. Most of my colleagues use them and my kids (26 and 22) use them all the time. They invented a better system with a few different levels of service. Give it a try, you can track the car coming to get you, you get a picture of the driver and their car and it is `100% cashless service. No physical money ever exchanges hands.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ReRead post #4,click a link or 2:eek::eek:

I've used Uber about 4 times. Never had a problem. They are required to have insurance - and notify their insurance company they are a livery vehicle. There's a special endorsement that they have now just for this purpose. If they don't get it and the companies don't check - you could still sue them under their liability from their initial policy. Does Lyft/Uber keep track of that stuff - probably not. It's become such a big deal I believe the system will refine itself over time. Many execs including the CEO have left or been bounced from Uber. Changes are underway. In the meantime - buyer be aware.

The times they are a changing. I dont know, i still like to call a local car service, speak to a actual dispatcher and have a livery car there at 4 in the mourning, drive me/us to airport and pay the driver cash. Same deal on return, they have flight number, monitor for delays and are waiting for me upon arrival. No fuss no muss no computer.

I don't know, I've read there are 1 million uber rides a day, so there's bound to be some crazy stuff here and there. I read the link where the guy was run over and killed in his own driveway - damn that's a sad way to go.

I've used them maybe a dozen times, mostly if I plan to go out for a few drinks with the boys... $10 UBER is way cheaper than a DUI. Have had great experiences all but once- the guy seriously couldn't drive. Wildly cutoff a driver pulling out of our driveway and only got worse from there. The rest of the time they were just regular people.

The times they are a changing. I dont know, i still like to call a local car service, speak to a actual dispatcher and have a livery car there at 4 in the mourning, drive me/us to airport and pay the driver cash. Same deal on return, they have flight number, monitor for delays and are waiting for me upon arrival. No fuss no muss no computer.

I agree, I'm in NJ and that's how I do it when going to the airport. With UBER though, I started using car services differently - going out to bars when I know it's gonna be a late night, heck, I've even Uber's home from the city when my train was canceled. Around me in central jersey, you just can't find cabs on the ready at an hour's notice, let alone uber's normal 5-10 minute notice.

Last edited:
I have not used it but I did ride in an Uber car when one of my kids called their favorite driver. They use it so much they have gotten to the point somehow of being able to call for specific drivers. All I know is it seems every other car on the road has either an Uber or Lyft window identifier and quite a few have both in Sacramento.

Open your phone and request a ride to your desired location. Instantly the price and pick up time appears. Press"request" and they show up. No exchanging of monies and no swiping of credit card like someone mentioned before (bad info).

"No fuss no muss and no exorbitant cab fees." I travel for a living and it is an excellent service.

***as a footnote Uber and the like has introduced a whole generation of of young adults to a world when they can go out for the evening and find a safe, cost effective SOBER ride home. This alone is reason enough to see merit in the service...

If Uber were to vet their subcontractors and require licence and criminal check and require the proper insurance they would be great.They have DEvalued the worth of the medallion on real cabs.They are cheaper because they don't have the right stuff.There are drivers who think that if the female passenger smiles at them to be nice,it means it's OK to sexually assault them..........

Auto Transport Service
Back