• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driver side under hood rubber shield installation 68 Road Runner

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
I bought the 'mega' rubber splash shield set for my 68 Road Runner from Detroit Muscle Technology. The passenger side under hood shield is intuitive, but the drivers side is not. Anyone have a picture, or instructions on how the drivers side shield fits? Mine was missing and there is no information with the shields from Detroit Muscle Technology. Thanks, and have a nice day.

If it's the one I think it is, there are 3 or 4 small (3/16 or 1/4" maybe) holes in the bottom of the frame rail behind the left front suspension, where the shield attatches with washered screws...mines not on there at the moment...look close I have one screw in right now. There's a few other shields missing but you can see the screw holes for those too

20170625_190545.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Beanhead. Makes sense now! I'm replacing a missing inner wheel well splash panel, and I'll install this shield while I have the front wheel off. Appreciate the help. Take care.

The frame rail splash shields located between the control arm and firewall are attached using spring clips, no screws. The splash shield that are attached with screws are located in front of the control arms below the battery tray and washer bottle. The shields will only fit in one position, so it is not like you can position them in the wrong spot unless you start to modify them.

Auto Transport Service
Back