• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving up tp Phoenix early tomorrow.......

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
.....to look at this car
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5959190900.html

Six people are looking at it today, and the seller will text me if he gets a deposit, and/or sells the car. Seems like an straightforward guy and informed me that 'only 26 will buy it'.

If I have enough time, and did not buy that car here is what I will look at also:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5958951638.html

Please do throw all the darts you want! I'll give this thread a quick read later tonight!

Take care and wish me luck! Bill

I like LL1, but I'm partial !

20160403_193225.jpg

Good luck!

Agreed. That turquoise is one of the best colors mopar did in my humble opinion. Good luck!

I like that '68. That '69 might be harboring a large nest of gremlins along with a possibly misaligned driver's door.

Tread carefully...always.

Good luck.

Maybe you can cruise around (south of) Sun City while you are in Phoenix and find that '68 Satellite that was on cl awhile back.

Last edited:
Good luck, I hope your trip turns out well for you. When I was looking I saw a lot of junk, many disappointments until I came across the best car I could have ever found. I am very happy I waited.

Good luck, I hope your trip turns out well for you. When I was looking I saw a lot of junk, many disappointments until I came across the best car I could have ever found. I am very happy I waited.

patience is your best friend when car hunting..

One thing I have learned from this almost three year long search is that I can detect the BS most of the time. I can detect it through phone, or email. The most obvious is the immediate HARD SELL on the very first contact. Things like "....I've got a number of people with cash in hand coming over right now.....", and three days later they still have the car, and the "...I don't need to sell it...".

My favorite one is the 'museum quality and all original' story that begins, then changes to 'has had some collision work and somewhere down the line it was repainted from F8 to Y1', then changes to 'I forgot to mention bubbling at the bottom of the quarters'.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow will work. The 1968 seller seemed to just be very low key about everything except price which he reiterated numerous times as firm. The 1969 seller was anxious to answer questions and really did not give me a HARD SELL, so we will see.

Of course, if I make a purchase tomorrow hundreds of 1969 Coronet Super Bees and R/Ts will magically appear all over craigslist for $19,000..............

Patience is your friend. The right car may be this one - if not - the right one will arrive.

Of course, if I make a purchase tomorrow hundreds of 1969 Coronet Super Bees and R/Ts will magically appear all over craigslist for $19,000..............
I wish

As for the RR. They should have posted more pics.

And you will have put the pressure on me to get mine finished :)

I'd like the scoop that's on the 69.

My favorite was the time I went to look at a car after the owner said on the phone that there was a small rip in the interior. Actually, the rip started in the dash, went through both seats, the package tray, the sail panels, the headliner and the carpet...and he didn't understand why I was upset.

I bought the car. En route to Tucson.
More later.

Yeah what was the other? And how much?
I assume it was the blue '70 behind the turquoise '68.

Good luck, one of the best color combinations ever done by Chrysler
Lots of Pics coming ..................

Auto Transport Service
Back