• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Driving up tp Phoenix early tomorrow.......

It's lovely. Looks much better parked in your yard than it did in the ads. Really!
Maybe it's just the Mountains in the background but nice ride.

Are you going to be taking her to the H.E.M.I. show in Glendale in February?
I used to go to that show every year. Have not been in the past 5 years, or so. I may make it up there this year, and if I do I'll let you know.

I used to go to that show every year. Have not been in the past 5 years, or so. I may make it up there this year, and if I do I'll let you know.

Sounds good. I would like to take my Belvedere up and check it out, never been.

That's one sweet ride. Go back to the dealership & charge a $1 for each Beep Beep they want to hear

Had several (six exactly, so far) of my motorhead friends stop by today to see the new baby. About half of the guys are Mopar, and the other half are Bowtie lovers.

General consensus was solid car, but some of the guys were appalled by the paint quality.

Changed oil and coolant (didn't need it but did it anyway). Can't find my brake adjustment tools, but I'll pull one drum on the front and rear tomorrow, or later this week just for piece of mind.

Car is licensed and registered. I'm itching to get her out for a nice long drive, but we have had tremendous raining and flooding in Arizona since yesterday, so it's good to just keep her in the garage on jackstands this weekend.

I'm having fun just crawling around the car! Got more visitors tomorrow wanting to see the car.

Thanks for all of the kind replies!

Glad to see your having fun with your new toy. Sound like you need to charge admission, LOL!

Went to my first car show with the Road Runner today. Not much competition, but I'll take the award with pride anyway. Had a good afternoon with JimKueneman and met a few fellow Mopar guys. Beautiful 70 Challenger that was purchased at Grand Spalding Dodge was also a trophy winner.
Having so much fun I'm feeling guilty. I love driving the car except when it comes time to stop. About ready to make an order with Muscle Car Brakes in a box.

firstthrophy.jpg

Went to my first car show with the Road Runner today. Not much competition, but I'll take the award with pride anyway. Had a good afternoon with JimKueneman and met a few fellow Mopar guys. Beautiful 70 Challenger that was purchased at Grand Spalding Dodge was also a trophy winner.
Having so much fun I'm feeling guilty. I love driving the car except when it comes time to stop. About ready to make an order with Muscle Car Brakes in a box.

View attachment 401924
Congratulations Bill!

Sweet looking car - as many others have said it's a rare color combo and nice. Read the whole thread and sounds like you're having fun. Congrats on the trophy. Paint can't be that bad it you won an award on your first try. Enjoy the car.

Well this January it has been three years. Front disc brake conversion that took almost three months due to various issues. Fixed exhaust leaks, bypassed ammeter, relays for headlamps, new H Pipe, rebuilt heater box and had heater core rebuilt, new shocks and leaf springs, plugs, wires, and cap from MSD, new radiator from ECP that was a nightmare, Bouchillion kick down, new windshield and gasket, oil pan reseal times 3, new seat foam all around, and various Detroit Muscle rubber everywhere. Six trophies in three years!
Four thousand miles this year without an issue. This car has never been towed home (although I've come close).
Life is good. Happy New Year!

Well this January it has been three years. Front disc brake conversion that took almost three months due to various issues. Fixed exhaust leaks, bypassed ammeter, relays for headlamps, new H Pipe, rebuilt heater box and had heater core rebuilt, new shocks and leaf springs, plugs, wires, and cap from MSD, new radiator from ECP that was a nightmare, Bouchillion kick down, new windshield and gasket, oil pan reseal times 3, new seat foam all around, and various Detroit Muscle rubber everywhere. Six trophies in three years!
Four thousand miles this year without an issue. This car has never been towed home (although I've come close).
Happy New Year Bill!

Good to hear that you get her out and drive her! Happy New Year, and here's to another safe and reliable 4000 miles!!!

Hey Bill, are you going to make it to the Tubac car show on Jan 25th? I will be there with my Coronet, maybe my 66 Dodge truck, Jim and his daughter are planning to come and my buddy Carl from Rio Rico will be there with his gold 69 RR. Would be cool if you can make it!!!

Hey Bill, are you going to make it to the Tubac car show on Jan 25th? I will be there with my Coronet, maybe my 66 Dodge truck, Jim and his daughter are planning to come and my buddy Carl from Rio Rico will be there with his gold 69 RR. Would be cool if you can make it!!!
I'll probably attend the show as a spectator. Tires is one expenditure I keep putting off. My friend has a 1959 El Camino that will be there and he usually brings a trophy home.
I want to meet you and check out your Coronet, too.

I'll probably attend the show as a spectator. Tires is one expenditure I keep putting off. My friend has a 1959 El Camino that will be there and he usually brings a trophy home.
I want to meet you and check out your Coronet, too.
I would love to see your car, but maybe that can happen later. Sounds like a plan, I'll see you there!!!

I would love to see your car, but maybe that can happen later. Sounds like a plan, I'll see you there!!!
I really like my car and this year has been so much fun for me, but don't have high expectations as it is a driver. It's not Tubac level material.

Auto Transport Service
Back