• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drum spindle BIG disc brake bolt on, 6 piston, 4 piston, 2 piston.

Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Like the title says, ive figured out a way to bolt on 15 inch 6 piston brembo brakes on to stock drum spindles and drum hubs on the 64 through 74 mopars. Biggest is the 15 inch 6 piston setup, next size down is the 14 inch 4 piston. Both of those are brembos off a gt500 Shelby.

But the cheapest setup is the 13.2 inch 2 piston brakes which can be found for $150 for calipers and rotors.

I have a setup for the rear as well, bolts right up to a Dana 60 or 8 3/4 rear end with 11.8 or 13.8 rear rotors and the single piston caliper has a built in parking brake.

Yes, I do sell the adapters. If you need some, hit me up, lots of people already have them and are using them.

This thread is about the conversion itself, pictures of installed brakes etc.
17390535_1051874824956402_3681136490201845070_o.jpg
21319188_1168008586676358_3083619625606378613_o.jpg

Very timely post, as I'm currently investigating a disc conversion for the front end of my '68 GTX. I have 15" Magnum 500's on it and those will remain.

I see all these kits from various makers saying they will work with 10" drum spindles.
Question: Are the 10" drum spindles the same as the 11" ones?

Do any of your "discoveries" work for my application?

I get that question a lot and the answer is no... 16 inch wheels are a minimum when used with 11.5 inch front rotors and 11.8 rears, sorry.

The factory disc brakes are really affordable and I would honestly do them if you insist on 15 inch wheels. Granted, these are MUCH cheaper, but they just don't work with the older smaller wheels.

I am interested in hearing about the adapters. I’m looking to upgrade my front discs and maybe even swap out the rear drums.

Like the title says, ive figured out a way to bolt on 15 inch 6 piston brembo brakes on to stock drum spindles and drum hubs on the 64 through 74 mopars. Biggest is the 15 inch 6 piston setup, next size down is the 14 inch 4 piston. Both of those are brembos off a gt500 Shelby.
What are the Ford part numbers for both the 15” 6 piston and the 14” four piston setups? The Ford dealers are helpless without a VIN number.

Last edited:
I feel like I’m missing some vital Information from this post... what are these adapters and where would a fellow like me find them at?

I'm the guy who makes the adapters, and no, wilwood would not be cheaper or easier. One big thing about them is that they do not work with 15 inch wheels.

The favorite brakes so far have been the 13.2 inch 2014 brakes.

I'm not sure about part numbers, but I do know that rockauto sells the 4 piston brake calipers for 96 bucks, and each 14 inch rotor is around 45.

Not too shabby. If don't respond to messages on here, find invincibleextremes on Facebook or youtube and I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

I'm the guy who makes the adapters, and no, wilwood would not be cheaper or easier. One big thing about them is that they do not work with 15 inch wheels.

The favorite brakes so far have been the 13.2 inch 2014 brakes.

I'm not sure about part numbers, but I do know that rockauto sells the 4 piston brake calipers for 96 bucks, and each 14 inch rotor is around 45.

Not too shabby. If don't respond to messages on here, find invincibleextremes on Facebook or youtube and I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

Pricing for adapter and a link to info about the product?

110 shipped for the fronts. The fronts never had bolts, But the rears used to, I dropped the rear pricing by $20 Down to $160 shipped.

If bought together the whole setup is $250 for fronts and rears and $270 if it includes the pieces needed to use 14 or 15 inch brembos.

As is they work with 11.5, 12.4, 13.2 front brakes and 11.8 or 13.8 rears.

Lots of people have installed them, the two major issues that come up are wheel selection, being that 15 inch wheels don't work, and the need to change the ends of the parking brake cables

But so far all the people who have installed them have been beyond happy with the performance and absolutely ecstatic about the cost of the setup.

Look up Invincible extremes on facebook, youtube, instagram, dodgecharger forum, you name it.

Last edited:
110 shipped for the fronts. The fronts never had bolts, But the rears used to, I dropped the rear pricing by $20 Down to $160 shipped.

If bought together the whole setup is $250 for fronts and rears and $270 if it includes the pieces needed to use 14 or 15 inch brembos.

As is they work with 11.5, 12.4, 13.2 front brakes and 11.8 or 13.8 rears.

Lots of people have installed them, the two major issues that come up are wheel selection, being that 15 inch wheels don't work, and the need to change the ends of the parking brake cables

But so far all the people who have installed them have been beyond happy with the performance and absolutely ecstatic about the cost of the setup.

Look up Invincible extremes on facebook, youtube, instagram, dodgecharger forum, you name it.

Any idea what size will fit with the Year One 17" alloy ralley wheels I have on my Challenger? I am also working on a d100. I know the hub wont swap on it. Has anyone had success having a rotor cut down to just a hub and using it that way?

12.4 would be your best bet on the rally wheels, although most 17 inch wheels fit the 13.2 no problems. The straight spoke aluminum wheels with a thick cast rim have issues with the 13.2... especially straight spoke style wheels.

The 12.4 is 2011 to 2014 v6, or 2005 to 2010 v8

I have a 62savoy with drum brakes. You say your kit fits 64 to 74. What is the difference that makes your kit not fit 62/63, and can it be adapted?

Replace a Brembo rotor or caliper and compare it to replacing the equal in wilwood parts and you’ll see it is cheaper to run a wilwood kit. Initially you may be able to grab a set of brembo cheaper (that’s even debatable I own a srt with 4 piston brembos used calipers I’ve seen are around 400-500 each)

You can do all 4 corners with brand new wilwood parts for around 2000

Brembo you’re probably looking at around 4000-5000 if you’re lucky

My .02

It's $1,700 brand new for 15 inch 6 piston brembo fronts and 13.8 single rears with a built in parking brake.

Brand new from ford. And even less for the 14 inch 4 piston set up.

At least get your facts straight

I have a 62savoy with drum brakes. You say your kit fits 64 to 74. What is the difference that makes your kit not fit 62/63, and can it be adapted?

Honestly I'm not too sure, post a picture of a 62 Savoy spindle and I'll let you know if it can work. Is the stud pattern 5x4.5 like the late b body and e body cars?

Wheel bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/2 circle, or are to referring to the bolt pattern of backing plate to spindle? .That i dont know. Off the top of my head, i don't even know if they are 9" or 10" drums. Its a factory /6 car. Maybe Kryslerkid might have a spindle shot, i dont.

Auto Transport Service
Back