• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dyno day 511 lives again

Probably 5 hours away but still considered close up in this end of the country! I've been through your town a number of times and never seem to get out of there without spending some money.. You must be itching to get that 511 into your car, that sure is making some big power. A buddy of mine was at the same track as you last weekend and lost a couple of pistons. Went 9.06 with 20Lbs of boost and then it was over.. Thanks again for the AED card info!
Which car was that? Seen one with a hood that came off. Didn't realize anybody broke that weekend. Lots in the field though. Hard to keep track. Perhaps we'll meet up in August.

Got a good start with the swap today. Hoping to be running Wednesday.

IMG_7096.JPG

Which car was that? Seen one with a hood that came off. Didn't realize anybody broke that weekend. Lots in the field though. Hard to keep track. Perhaps we'll meet up in August.

It was the red 79 Z28 with the silver striping. Initial inspection was finding aluminum in the turbo. That was ok and the heads can be fixed. The rest is scrap though. Yes I'll see you for sure!

Last edited:
The red Z. I remember now. Yeah too bad it broke.

Got it in tonight. Headers on. Should have it wrapped up tomorrow.

IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7103.JPG

It lives. Get hood on tomorrow. Warm up check for leaks. Top fluids off and a few other things then test Friday.

IMG_7116.JPG

For whatever reason im shocked to see a power steering pump with a motor plate and electric water pump.

Awesome!

Nice, can't wait to see what it does on the track. I'm sure you'll see single digit passes

Sounds wicked! Looks great! Really cool to have that sleek Charger shape in Plum Crazy going that fast in the 1320.

Auto Transport Service
Back