• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dyno day 511 lives again

Laughing gas.

IMG_7170.JPG

My plan is to make a pass NA first to see if the plate messes with the signal which I suspect it will because of the cloverleaf Manifold design. I am guessing I'll loose a 1/10th ET and a couple MPH. If I get brave enough to spray it will only be a 100 shot. I'd think 9.60-9.70 is pretty realistic. But who knows.

I know it's not a apples to apples comparison but my 69 RR had a 150 plate system, would knock .4 of the ET in the 1/8

When I had 440 in I gained over a second with a 125 shot. It runs great NA and my plan is to stay that way. Have an air strip race coming up where if I dip into the 9's I won't get in trouble. After that though the carb goes back on the Manifold and stays there. I like just adding fuel.
On another note anyone have experience with vaccum pumps? Mine works great. Only issue I seem to be having is the little oil it's pulling seems to want to go straight out the breather on top of canister. Is there a recommended way to mount the canister? A certian length of hose? Right now it has about an 18" hose with a 90 fitting on each end. Does it need a straight shot, a longer hose? A shorter hose? Ideas. Thanks.

I didn't have that issue with my GZ vac pump so no help there. I don't run it anymore, just two catch cans, one on each side. I'm gaining 1.5 seconds on my 250 shot which is probably due to the converter not being right for this engine when running NA.

Do you spray off line or delay it?
The 440 would take a shot off the line. Not so sure my tires will hold with the 511 though.

Do you spray off line or delay it?
The 440 would take a shot off the line. Not so sure my tires will hold with the 511 though.
I'm delaying right now just using the window switch in the 7531. I think it'll hold it all off the line so I'm going to try activating the spray at the release of the trans brake and see what it'll do.

With good prep my car may hold a 100 shot. But not sure. I do have a window switch and will probably play it safe to start.

As to the matter of running faster than you're 6 point bar allows, I always make those runs last just in case someone takes exception lol.

The one track I run at would get me banned. The other on a street night I could probably get away with it a couple times.
Even though I'm faster now, I do miss the 60 that the 440/spray combo gave me.

On another note anyone have experience with vaccum pumps? Mine works great. Only issue I seem to be having is the little oil it's pulling seems to want to go straight out the breather on top of canister. Is there a recommended way to mount the canister? A certian length of hose? Right now it has about an 18" hose with a 90 fitting on each end. Does it need a straight shot, a longer hose? A shorter hose? Ideas. Thanks.
Mine pulls at the upper inside corner at the front wall of the valve cover. No baffels. It'll go 25 passes pulling about 2oz of oil.

0923121646.jpg

What is that extra thing after the valve cover? A regulator or something?

Yeah. It's pulling about 13.5. I believe that is in wet sump range.

I put a shield off a valve cover breather on it. Also have a line running to rad support with a cap for easy draining.

IMG_7175.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back