• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY ad - Something smells funny...

Seat backs are the newer style also.. 1970 had pot metal hinge covers. Nice car for sure but for the money there is a bunch of nice clones that can be bought for that total of $$$...

Anyone notice the hood fitment?

Dreaming....to say the least.....

Aside from what has been mentioned did anyone notice the digits on the odometer? They don't line up, which means someone had had their fat fingers on it. The seller was either duped into buying this car and is an unwitting fool, or he thinks he can fool the in the know Mopar car people.

It's all about the crack.

Using the seller's limited documentation, which we will assume is real, places the car in Wisconsin in September 2013, with an alleged 3695 miles showing. 3695 miles in 43 years. On a factory 383 engine. Or a whatever.

Four years later it's in Los Angeles and has had 7000 miles added. On a alleged $130,000 classic. 7000 miles on a 706 HP motor in four years. Does not pass my smell test. Let alone all the mods, the N code, wild claims, etc.

Anyone notice the hood fitment?

The fugly grille distracts most everybody's eyes from the bad hood fitment.

s-l1600.jpg

If one sucker with $100k believes the story he's in business!

All original, never modified. Headers. Electronic ignition. Plug wires. What else ? I ain't buy-in' it, literally and figuratively.
Painted brake line, heater nuts etc.

Also white buckets seats only come with black dash panel, steering column, carpet etc

Last edited:
LOL !!! If its never been modified what about the tube headers and the 2-way rad cap and overflow reservoir for starters? I'd love to see the dyno sheet.

:rofl: horse **** ..... rite up there with a boss 9 1966 rustang ....

They never produced a 706 HP, 746 FT engine in any factory in 1970!!
I was going to ask if that was even possible back then. Maybe it's the "Pistol Grit Engine"....................... whatever the hell that is.

It don't smell right to me either.

I'd hate to break it to you all but it's absolutely real. My uncle worked for the Chrysler corporation back in the mid 60's to the early 70's. They had a top secret performance division which was kept ultra discrete, not many people other than the ones directly employed by that department knew of it, each sworn to secrecy under a legal contract extending infinitely beyond their employ with Chrysler. Its sole purpose was to develop high performance drivetrain options for ultra high performance applications like nascar and drag racing etc..... My uncle who recently just passed has shared a photo album with me showing a lot of the cars they developed and tested including this very one! The cars often were just random cars pulled from the line to build off of, hence the N code 383 serial number on this one. If during regular production the assembly lines were short items they would often be robbed off these cars, used, and replaced with whatever was available later on, explains the interior anomalies someone mentioned.
When the cars were done serving their purpose they were supposed to have been crushed for liability reasons they didn't want anyone to have them even executives. However, that said, the odd one escaped the grasp of Chrysler and fell in the hand of a lucky few who tucked them away, apparently until now.

Now, if you believe that hurry out and buy this super bee.

What crock of ****!

I'd hate to break it to you all but it's absolutely real. My uncle worked for the Chrysler corporation back in the mid 60's to the early 70's. They had a top secret performance division which was kept ultra discrete, not many people other than the ones directly employed by that department knew of it, each sworn to secrecy under a legal contract extending infinitely beyond their employ with Chrysler. Its sole purpose was to develop high performance drivetrain options for ultra high performance applications like nascar and drag racing etc..... My uncle who recently just passed has shared a photo album with me showing a lot of the cars they developed and tested including this very one! The cars often were just random cars pulled from the line to build off of, hence the N code 383 serial number on this one. If during regular production the assembly lines were short items they would often be robbed off these cars, used, and replaced with whatever was available later on, explains the interior anomalies someone mentioned.
When the cars were done serving their purpose they were supposed to have been crushed for liability reasons they didn't want anyone to have them even executives. However, that said, the odd one escaped the grasp of Chrysler and fell in the hand of a lucky few who tucked them away, apparently until now.

Now, if you believe that hurry out and buy this super bee.

What crock of ****!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bs_flag:bogus like $3.00 bill Chrysler did a lot but not this ,no paper work no documentation remember back your paper work up and have lots of documents this has none,, bull **** :drama::poke::realcrazy::icon_fU:

Last edited:
I wonder if NOKO has stolen the top secret plans to this yet? LOL !!!!

Now now now .. lets be nice .... Sadly enuff someone will bite. So it goz back to the "whats a part worth thing". No body in there rite mind would give that much for it .... But what if someone duz??? Its like the gas cap I passed on for being over priced .... When I went back it was gone. Now the only ones I can find are much more. So who is the fool ..... the guy with no gas cap ???? Or the guy that has that last peace. P.S. .. still looking for one LOL

Now now now .. lets be nice .... Sadly enuff someone will bite. So it goz back to the "whats a part worth thing". No body in there rite mind would give that much for it .... But what if someone duz??? Its like the gas cap I passed on for being over priced .... When I went back it was gone. Now the only ones I can find are much more. So who is the fool ..... the guy with no gas cap ???? Or the guy that has that last peace. P.S. .. still looking for one LOL

But you can pick up 3 really nice 70 383 4spd Super Bees for this price.

It is a non #'s matching 383 4spd Super Bee coupe with no mention of fender tag or build sheet to back anything up. Liberties were taken in restoring this 110,000 mile car. I bet you get crawling around you will find a lot more things that dont jive. 30k car on a good day...

Auto Transport Service
Back