• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

edelbrock carbs

pwDave

Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
I am rejetting two 750 eddys to correct a lean condition above 4800 rpm, should I keep the jets square? or can I run the primaries leaner than the secondarys, at present the primaries are .122 and the secondarys are at .135, the car runs very well at low speed and around town, but has a miss starting at about 4800. I had the exaust system off the car a few days ago and you cannot tell from looking in the collector that the car has ever been started, NO soot of any color, gray black or anything. it doesn't run hot, starts well, runs well to the aforementioned 4800 then goes lean. the question is whether to keep it square?? (they were square to start with) Dave. PS TR intake,.590 PS, victor heads, 509cuin

How do you know its lean? Where did you get jets that big? Way to big. Shouldn't need any larger than 113p/110s. Raising the float level from 7/16" to 7/32" will bring thee main circuit in sooner. If it's really lean you either have a internal restriction, vacuum leak, or lack of fuel delivery to the carb.
Doug

How do you know its lean? Where did you get jets that big? Way to big. Shouldn't need any larger than 113p/110s. Raising the float level from 7/16" to 7/32" will bring thee main circuit in sooner. If it's really lean you either have a internal restriction, vacuum leak, or lack of fuel delivery to the carb.
Doug
this! probably a fuel delivery issue.

this! probably a fuel delivery issue.
You win, it's the fuel delivery, ran two tests one with the pump off, (accident) and again with the pump on, pump on took about 80% of the miss out of it, soooo, it looks like a half inch line and a A-1000 areomotive pump w/regulator, that should take care of the fuel delivery problems I am encountering now. Dave. P.S. the reason I think it's lean is that there is NO soot or any other deposit of ANY kind in the collector after 200+ miles!!

be careful about running a filter on the suction side of the pump.

Auto Transport Service
Back