• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Emergency flasher wiring discrepancy in the prints

Speedbird

Bird of Pray
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
I'm doing an extensive rewire on a 67 Charger.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/rotating-headlight-relay-modification.135356/

The undisturbed factory wiring harness had fuse in the "power" wire to the emergency hazzard flasher It also did not go to the place it indicated on the prints .
I kept seeing the fuse holder while working on the car and didn't remember seeing that on the prints.
I do not know how many cars may have been made like this.
I post this because the fuse holder exited the wiring bundle on TOP of the wiring bundle above the other things and even if someone looked up from he floor they would not see it.
And they certainly would not be looking for it in the prints.
It is a pink wire to the fuse holder (not "black" as on the prints).
The fuse holder is fed by a 12 black wire to the factory splice.
So if your flashers never work.......and you can't figure why.....
If you download these prints, I think it will show better.

67 charger instrument panel page 1.JPG
67 charger instrument panel page 2.JPG
20180126_141237 (Large).jpg
20180126_141327 (Large).jpg
20180126_141421 (Large).jpg
20180126_141509 (Large).jpg
20180126_142656 (Large).jpg

Last edited:
you do realize that the wiring diagrams that you posted are for a 66....and the wiring for a 67 is completely different....the 4 way flasher power wire for both my 66's is black that has the fuse holder in it

All I know is that the prints are in the 67 factory manual that I imagine most people will have.
Maybe Chrysler didn't change the prints for 67 or you have an original copy that is different?
It is a good thing to be alerted to this problem then.
Maybe there was a subcontractor for the harness?
Without computers minor changes probably slipped under the radar.
I think the only other discrepancy I've found is they tied the rear ash trash power to the hidden circuit breaker.
That shows on the ""body" prints but not on these.
Relatively speaking, fortunately there aren't really a lot of wires in these cars.

Last edited:
Yes, on all 67's, the rear lighter power came from the circuit breaker in the drivers side kick panel. Also, if you had power windows, the power wire for those connected to the same circuit breaker

you do realize that the wiring diagrams that you posted are for a 66....and the wiring for a 67 is completely different....the 4 way flasher power wire for both my 66's is black that has the fuse holder in it

Please reference these if you can read them.
I'm sorry that they are reduced in quality when uploaded.
But I've circled the items in question in RED that I'm curious about.
It is fairly straightforward.

These are what is in the 67 Factory Manual.
These are what I have been working off of and I'm finding a few discrepancies between the car "as built" and the prints.
On thing I'm not seeing on these prints is the 66 tach sending unit.
Am I missing it?
If they are 66 prints, should that not be on there?

The other thing I just noticed, and felt the need to confirm, is the Engine Compartment prints also shows two "LOW OIL PRESSURE SWITCH" (Switches)
That is why I'm posting.
G6A and G6 are connect between the switches.
The single wire G6 then goes to the OIL GAUGE in the instrument cluster.
("H" and "L")
As far as I know, there is no low oil pressure light which is what a "switch" would imply.
And why would there be 2 of them anyway even if the terminology in the prints is somewhat of a misnomer?
I have both a 67 and a 66 cluster in front of me and there is no light for low oil pressure.
Is there?
Am I missing the light?
That would be pretty hard to do.
But I've done worse things.

Now, the above questions are of NO importance to me since I'm installing an aftermarket system and changing the wiring anyway.
But this is indeed curious thing.
Hopefully this will help someone else if I'm correct that something is amiss.

67 charger engine.JPG
67 charger instrument panel page 1.JPG

67 charger instrument panel page 2.JPG

Did not look to see how old this post is but was there not two different Oil sending Units? Does that answer the question about the oil Switch?

I want to add flashers but have no switch nor Harness? Where can I get these parts?

I mean Ai have no separate Flasher Harness is a short harness if I recall? I can buy the origional Flasher switch maybe put it in the headlight Hold/Open hole I don’t know how many prongs flashers use or switches operate the same for the headlights Open/Hold?

Auto Transport Service
Back