• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever increasing threat of home invasion, so I bought:

I'm sad to say my handgun buying days are nearing an end. :( My rack is full, and I have pretty much every handgun I've ever wanted. I just need to replace a Colt Series 80 1911 that I sold after getting an offer I couldn't say no to, and I want a Walther PPK/S. After that, I'm finished.

That is what I'm looking for now. I really want a .380 PPK. Of course it's difficult to get in kommiefornia. I'll find one eventually. Great guns!

19554545_1508568352539213_3081737295858963637_n.jpg

That is what I'm looking for now. I really want a .380 PPK. Of course it's difficult to get in kommiefornia. I'll find one eventually. Great guns!
What's hard for me is Walther reopened production of the PPK/S, they're just in .22LR. I'm having a hard time justifying buying a well-used .380 pistol for $500-$700, when I can buy a brand new .22 one for $299 that is not only identical to the old ones but a lot cheaper to shoot.

I have a Sig P226. Sweetest Gun I own. Balance is great. Very smooth weapon. Use it for my home defense gun.
I have a very odd P226. I got it as an impulse buy at a little gun/pawn in Middleburg, FL because it was a 9MM and I really wanted a .40 S&W, but the price was right and it was like new. I tried a couple times to trade it for a .40 S&W pistol at shows, but couldn't find a decent enough P226 to merit the trade.

Then one day I was cleaning it, and really looked at the details of it, and I saw the import mark read "Lysons Corner, VA" when it should have read Tysons Corner, VA. Knowing that was an error, I started looking closer at the gun. The manufacture date was in early 1983, but according to Sig records, no P226s were made and imported for public sale until late 1985/86. The P226 was a redesign of the P220 and developed to be used to compete as a replacement for the 1911A1, and the trials that included the P226 started in late 1983, which was when all the pistols were supposed to have arrived.

So what was a P226, with incorrect stamps, and a production date that's earlier than the date of the trial pistols, doing over here? Even more interesting is there have been about four of the pistols show up, and other owners, like I, have tried to find out more about them from Sig, and like me they were told there are no records of these pistols ever being made or exported.

My suspicion is these pistols were snuck in by Sig to be used to do some pre-trial demo'ing, which was against the rules, and those Lysons Corner import marks were made by someone at Sig instead of BATF folks, who would have certainly known it should be Tyson's Corner. We've been told the pistols could be worth anything from less than a regular Sig because of the errored import mark to $75,000 because of the rarity of the markings, so who knows? I just enjoy shooting it from time to time.

You s
I have a very odd P226. I got it as an impulse buy at a little gun/pawn in Middleburg, FL because it was a 9MM and I really wanted a .40 S&W, but the price was right and it was like new. I tried a couple times to trade it for a .40 S&W pistol at shows, but couldn't find a decent enough P226 to merit the trade.

Then one day I was cleaning it, and really looked at the details of it, and I saw the import mark read "Lysons Corner, VA" when it should have read Tysons Corner, VA. Knowing that was an error, I started looking closer at the gun. The manufacture date was in early 1983, but according to Sig records, no P226s were made and imported for public sale until late 1985/86. The P226 was a redesign of the P220 and developed to be used to compete as a replacement for the 1911A1, and the trials that included the P226 started in late 1983, which was when all the pistols were supposed to have arrived.

So what was a P226, with incorrect stamps, and a production date that's earlier than the date of the trial pistols, doing over here? Even more interesting is there have been about four of the pistols show up, and other owners, like I, have tried to find out more about them from Sig, and like me they were told there are no records of these pistols ever being made or exported.

My suspicion is these pistols were snuck in by Sig to be used to do some pre-trial demo'ing, which was against the rules, and those Lysons Corner import marks were made by someone at Sig instead of BATF folks, who would have certainly known it should be Tyson's Corner. We've been told the pistols could be worth anything from less than a regular Sig because of the errored import mark to $75,000 because of the rarity of the markings, so who knows? I just enjoy shooting it from time to time.
You should have been a detective - or a conspiracy theorist ......lol Now I'm going to be looking at my P226 more closely. Although I bought it new so I don't expect any irregularities - but I could use $75k.

You s

You should have been a detective - or a conspiracy theorist ......lol Now I'm going to be looking at my P226 more closely. Although I bought it new so I don't expect any irregularities - but I could use $75k.
When a firearm is made, and there is no record of it being made, exported, or imported... something is up. When I was in the Navy, we did trips to the Walther and H&K plants while we were deployed to Sicily, and we bought quite a few guns. We notified BATF when we were coming back, and they had a team meet us at the plane with a stamp kit, and they would stamp each barrel with an import stamp showing the gun came into the us through Jacksonville, FL. BATF has to approve all machined import marks, and only does hand marks themselves, so I don't see anyway BATF would ever approve a pretty obvious error. Someone from Germany might miss it, but not someone from BATF.

IMG_0019.JPG
Day at the range. No mishaps. Miles of smiles. What better than a 44 filthy from 50 cowboy rounds. Trigger finger exercise and a little wrist trauma. All good. Like our beloved Mopar, purpose built. Use them for their intended purpose. Enjoy them. Like beer, God wants us to be happy and provided us with these things.

IMAG2255_BURST002.jpg
IMAG2256_BURST003.jpg
IMAG2258_BURST002.jpg
IMAG2259_BURST003.jpg
IMAG2260_BURST001.jpg
ok so these are two builds I'm finishing up with one is over kill ! And the other is a budget build I wanted. To see how cheap I could build a functional ar 15 so $285 ish I have a complete working weapon! I did cheat a little I had a bolt carrier group that I took out of the over kill gun it was fairly new so I cleaned it up and stuck it in the cheapo gun to save $100-200 bucks also I had a after market lighter trigger I got for free so the gun got that 4lb pull 3.5 reset. Overall the budget build looks like a nice weapon I and going to swipe my wife's red dot off her bull pup tavor rifle. She's been wanting an upgrade anyways so free site for the budget gun!

As for over kill I blew my gas line at the range the other day so new adjustable gas block and line ordered plus my 100 rd drum finally showed up for it
IMAG2255_BURST002.jpg
IMAG2256_BURST003.jpg
IMAG2258_BURST002.jpg
IMAG2259_BURST003.jpg
IMAG2260_BURST001.jpg

View attachment 495144 Day at the range. No mishaps. Miles of smiles. What better than a 44 filthy from 50 cowboy rounds. Trigger finger exercise and a little wrist trauma. All good. Like our beloved Mopar, purpose built. Use them for their intended purpose. Enjoy them. Like beer, God wants us to be happy and provided us with these things.

Those wooden grips must be a killer on the wrist. I have nice rubber ones on mine. Absorb a lot of the recoil, much easier on the wrist. If your hands are big enough, they even make slip on ones that you can easily put on and take off after range time.

I had a PPK gave it to a buddy just before he left for basic. Wish I hadn't. They're kinda hard to find. Very good reliable guns. I'm looking for one as well.
There's a reason they were James Bonds gun of choice

I had a PPK gave it to a buddy just before he left for basic. Wish I hadn't. They're kinda hard to find. Very good reliable guns. I'm looking for one as well.
There's a reason they were James Bonds gun of choice

They are sweet. But they are small and if you have big hands, hard to grip. Def need the extended mag for pinky.

Those wooden grips must be a killer on the wrist. I have nice rubber ones on mine. Absorb a lot of the recoil, much easier on the wrist. If your hands are big enough, they even make slip on ones that you can easily put on and take off after range time.
I've been wearing a glove. 6 Magnum loads are enough for the day. I am considering changing the grips, but like the classic look of the wood.

I was at the range last week, and a retired CPO in the lane next to us was shooting a .380 PPK/S that kept double feeding on him. I took it out to the counter and borrowed a small screw driver so I could adjust the extractor and spring, and it looked like the spring was shot. I tugged it a bit to lengthen it, and the pistol started cycling again, but he was going to need a new spring and ejector. Made me think again of if I wanted an old .380 gun or a new .22LR model.

I was at the range last week, and a retired CPO in the lane next to us was shooting a .380 PPK/S that kept double feeding on him. I took it out to the counter and borrowed a small screw driver so I could adjust the extractor and spring, and it looked like the spring was shot. I tugged it a bit to lengthen it, and the pistol started cycling again, but he was going to need a new spring and ejector. Made me think again of if I wanted an old .380 gun or a new .22LR model.
Guns are machines. They need maintenance and tune ups. Springs wear out and need to be replaced eventually as do other parts. The choice of a .380 or .22lr is not an old vs new issue. I have old guns that never fail to feed or misfire with thousands of rounds through them.

Guns are machines. They need maintenance and tune ups. Springs wear out and need to be replaced eventually as do other parts. The choice of a .380 or .22lr is not an old vs new issue. I have old guns that never fail to feed or misfire with thousands of rounds through them.
For me it's more about price. The new Walther PPK/S pistols are the same quality as the old. The only difference, besides caliber, is price. I can buy a .380 well-worn pistol for $600, or a new .22LR with a warranty for about half that. With the price difference in the ammo, it's just not making much sense to me to buy a .380 pistol.

I lucked into a great deal on a Jacksonville Sheriffs Office-badged and marked AR-15 lower for a really silly low price, so I thought I would build up an AR-15A2 around it. It's been a while since I've looked for an A2 kit, but man... they are all gone. Even the so-called A2 kits come with an A3 upper receiver, which to me doesn't make them an A2!

Fortunately I found someone with an A2 who was wanting to make his receiver into one of these vanilla M4 jobs, and I was able to get the complete upper from him. So the price for all the parts I needed came out to $391. Not bad, about what a complete A2 kit used to cost. :)

For me it's more about price. The new Walther PPK/S pistols are the same quality as the old. The only difference, besides caliber, is price. I can buy a .380 well-worn pistol for $600, or a new .22LR with a warranty for about half that. With the price difference in the ammo, it's just not making much sense to me to buy a .380 pistol.

Totally agree with you on price. A .380 is a more expensive gun and ammo is much higher than 22. For target shooting, I use my 22 all the time. You can shoot 500 rounds for the cost of 100 .380 . However, if you want it for concealed carry, the .380 does offer better stopping power in a small package.

Totally agree with you on price. A .380 is a more expensive gun and ammo is much higher than 22. For target shooting, I use my 22 all the time. You can shoot 500 rounds for the cost of 100 .380 . However, if you want it for concealed carry, the .380 does offer better stopping power in a small package.
I would never consider a .380 for concealed carry. :) My concealed carry needs are handled by a S&W Model 19, 2.5" barrel.

Auto Transport Service
Back