• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ex-lurker 33IMP

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lurking for years but now that Google made me get an e-mail address, i can join in. I grew up in a Chevrolet family ( i still have the 55delray my folks bought new in 54) but a friend gave me a ride in his 68 gtx and I was impressed. When a close friend traded a nicely built 454 straight across for a 440/727/d60 duster,i knew a change needed to be made. In the mid eighties i bought 69 a12 from a ford-loving buddy that i still have. I raced it at the street legals at riverside archway till it closed in 88. I also had a box nova that turned out to have a mo block 68 z28 engine. The same ford-loving buddy had a customer that wanted it so he traded me a pan-to-carb 63maxwedge for it. Same ford friend found me a 62savoy from gtx John Irving to put it in. I've been very lucky for a basically lazy man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry folks, i knew I would be bad at this. My name's John, and I'm lucky enough to have a 33 imperial to explain my screen name.

Welcome aboard, John. You've got stories to tell obviously - and we love stories!
How about some pics while you're at it? :)

Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Lucky guy!

Welcome!

Welcome from currently in Arizona!

If you have pics on your computer, just click the orange "upload photos" button on the lower right of the dialog box, and it will take you to your folders so just double click on the picture and it will load to this site. Just sayin'.:D

Welcome John!

You should fit right in. Keep the stories coming and hoping you figure out how to upload pictures if you have some!

Sounds like you had a couple cool cars

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Good grief, that was close. Tried to respond to budnicks and this stupid phone auto-corrected to buttocks. I'm lucky enough to still have them all. However I'm a determined Luddite, my laptop isn't hooked to the interweb, i have to do this on a galaxy 3, I've sent one email in my life, and no pictures in this phone. I promise I will try, but it might be a while.

Auto Transport Service
Back