• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

exhaust help

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
hi looking at getting new exhaust tips for my 71 RT found these
s-l1600.jpg

but also found these that say for use with 440 /hemi cars with resonators
s-l1600.jpg

are these resonators on my car ? sorry not the best picture , I thought these were "cherry bombs " any help would be appreciated
$(KGrHqZHJFUE+S9E8!o5BQUlDIFCE!~~60_12  4.jpg

thanks ,when I compare that with the pic of mine they are not the same . I'm thinking the top set of tips

seems like only the hemi cars had resonators by the list they have. Looks like the bottom tips go right on the resonators. The first ones you posted are for without resonators. Had the wrong hemi setup posted I changed the pictures to your year.

With 426View attachment 430548
1971-74-b-body-383-400-engines-complete-system-20.jpg

NEW-71-B-body Hemi System.jpg

Last edited:
My 73 RR GTX came with mufflers, resonators and the machine gun tips. They made two designs of machine gun tips. One that gets clamped/welded on to the exhaust pipe. And the ones that screw on to the resonators if equipped. My car has the resonators with the exhaust tip attached with screws. (pictured is my original exhaust resonators and tips)

DSC03293.JPG DSC03292.JPG

hi looking at getting new exhaust tips for my 71 RT found these
View attachment 430533
but also found these that say for use with 440 /hemi cars with resonators
View attachment 430534
are these resonators on my car ? sorry not the best picture , I thought these were "cherry bombs " any help would be appreciated
View attachment 430532
These are not factory design resonator. They look like flow thru (Cherry-Bomb mufflers used as resonators) You probably could attach the machine gun tips designed to be mounted to the exhaust pipe to the end of your cherry-bombs.

Auto Transport Service
Back