• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

F-1 Mist/Pale Green?

I agree. One of the things I like about cars from that era is the incredible palate of colors they came in. I like seeing all the different colors from every year.

X2 ... so many possibilities ... no one right way

X2 ... so many possibilities ... no one right way

Your restoration appears to be extensive. You didn't mention your goals for this restoration. Will it be a numbers matching concours car or a factory correct driver..... It's your car and you should do what makes you the happiest. This is not (or shouldn't be) a business driven decision..... Of course there is residual value... usually only a fraction of the money into it.

If your doing it to sell it then that makes the decision easy. Do it the way the factory did it. If its for you, then do what makes you happy. If you worried about ultimate value, then do what ever you want that can be undone or swapped back. That includes stripes and interior...... We are living in privileged times where between the Internet and reproducers of parts for these cars, you have a lot of latitude which twenty years ago we could only wish for....i just bought the upper door skins in white for my 73 road runner...... Truly i must be dreaming.

The only standard thing about Mopars is how "non-standard" they all were.

As to the color you have there, it's not exceptionally rare or all that uncommon. You've got a great combo with a white interior and white stripes. Black stripe with black interior would also look good and really make it special...... Anything could have been special ordered back then.

My 340 73 RR was special ordered with a unique series of options.... It came with white stripes as did most of the roadrunners in the south. I'm sure there were regional differences in both colors and options sent to different dealers based on regional tastes. Found in Florida...there were a lot of light green cars.... To go with our harvest gold and avocado kitchens, walnut paneled rec rooms and gold anodized alum shower doors..... Yuk!

Ideally, the stripe looks best when matched to the interior. On light color cars the darker reads better because of the contrast. But with your new shiny un-faded paint, I'm sure it will read fine.

IMO.... Go with a white stripe and white interior with a black dash... That would be cool for me.... Question is what is cool for you????

good luck and keep us posted as to you progress! Nice to see someone doing a 73 right!

I say black stripe and black/white int.

vegiguy,

Like you I was apprehensive of staying with the original color on my `66 Belv, but in the end I did. And like you, I was concerned about it not making a bold enough statement, or being well received. I have entered her in two shows since getting her back on the road. At both shows I have had more comments/ questions about the 'color' than anything else about the car! By the level of detail in your 'under construction' photos, this car is going to show VERY WELL and you are going to have folks approaching you. Stand by my friend! Can't wait to see it completed!

The car is in great shape... and like others have said, it's your car and you should do what you want with it. But you want opinions? OK, here's mine. No sir, I don't like Mist Green. It's one of the few Mopar colors I could do without. My charger is J6, which also doesn't suit everyone's taste, but hey, I've grown to like it. If I owned that car, I would paint it Sublime for sure.

Actually the car has a dark green interior. I'm sorry if one of my earlier statements was misleading. I was thinking the black stripes would go better with the dark green of the interior. When I called Year One tech and gave them the stripe code off of the build sheet for the car they thought it stood for white stripes based on the information they had on Mopars, although I wouldn't exactly call them Mopar experts since they seem to be carrying parts for just about anything these days. It was a free phone call so I probably got what I paid for :) . The car was primed black when I got it so that's why I called them about it.

I have found some pictures of Road Runners on the web that I like the look of, but it's often hard for me to tell what color they are what with all the different factors involved such as exposure, etc. Here is one that I really like: 403763369.jpg

It looks too pale to be sublime, but too yellow to be mist green. It could be meadow green, or even citron yella. Without getting the color name from the owner it's anyone's guess.

Auto Transport Service
Back