• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan shroud 63 Fury

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a new rebuilt slightly tricked 318 and motor runs hotter than it used to. To be expected but hear a shroud is advised and maybe 5 blade fan (mine is original 4 blade). Great ideas but does anyone know where I could snag a shroud that would fit my car?

I have a new rebuilt slightly tricked 318 and motor runs hotter than it used to. To be expected but hear a shroud is advised and maybe 5 blade fan (mine is original 4 blade). Great ideas but does anyone know where I could snag a shroud that would fit my car?
Ron, I recently took my radiator to Glen Ray Radiator to be re worked, and spoke with Bob about shrouds for my 65 Bell . He gave me a tip that what I would need would be available through Mega Parts in Coon Valley Wisc. You might want to reach out to them. This of coarse is in conjunction with a oem 22 inch mopar radiator.

If it's any help, the early C Body shroud for the 22" radiator is the same.

Buy your 22" Steel Fan Shroud, 1962-68 B-Body from Joe Suchy in Fairburn, GA for $245. Ron H, PM coming your way with Suchy's email address.

Joe Suchy's Catalog attached.

Attachments

• Joe_Suchy_Reproduction_Parts_List_20170607.pdf
    220.4 KB · Views: 693
Hi Ron,,,haven't talked to you in a while ,but saw your post today. The over heating after you got the 318 rebuild ,may not be a Rad problem,it has been my experience,after a rebuild, the timing can be a little advanced,,,retard a little and see if it runs cooler. The motor will also need some run in time,,,what you did to the 318 should not cause it to overheat a great deal,if it did not overheat before,,try this before you dump your Arizona vacation money away on chasing a problem you don't have.CHEERS

Hi Jim I bought an original shroud from a fellow member, 7 blade fan off eBay, and brackets from Joe Suchy. Sand blasted and painted shroud and I think looks great. While it has definitely helped cooling still seems a bit hot yet. So I'll look at timing as you suggest and fuel air ratio now. Thx

20170727_180246.jpg

Ron, quick queztion, how did you install the square nuts into the radiator side brackets? I just got my fan shroud kit the other day, and I cant figure out how nuts get inserted. The little bracket that they are affixed to is a little too big for the holes in bracket, not sure whats going on here.
Thanks,
Steve

I had the same problem and already it's foggy what I did having found a trick that worked fine once I got it down. The nuts snap into the holes between the inner side of radiator frame and core. Once I slid them in with needle nose into position (they sit in the hole at a slight angle) I gently held them with a long screwdriver long enough thru the grille and threaded the bolt on to then pull it square into the hole they stay set then. I had the battery and horns out for working clearance. If you have small fingers don't need pliers but once they get aligned in hole I used screwdriver just to hold them so they would drop out threading the bolt in for setting think this is how I did it.

Auto Transport Service
Back