• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fast Man EFI on board

Unlike yourself, FITECH answers they're Emails, and actually calls on the phone to discuss different options for a Cross Ram. If I get no return contact, no response, I have nothing for you. If business is so good that you can't reply to a potential customer- adios.
tpg

Excuse me. I am known to answer my phone without going through a phone tree. If you had actually called me - you would know that. Just try it (209-247-six four nine seven)

Unlike yourself, FITECH answers they're Emails, and actually calls on the phone to discuss different options for a Cross Ram. If I get no return contact, no response, I have nothing for you. If business is so good that you can't reply to a potential customer- adios.
tpg

I just got back in the office after the holiday weekend.

I originally responded to your email on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:25 PM, but it got bounced back. So I tried again at Tuesday, February 21, 2017 3:20 PM.
That email did not bounce back, but that was the last I heard from you.

I keep copies of every email coming in or out so I sent you another copy.

FAST Man EFI

Then I got this message:

mta1355.mail.gq1.yahoo.com rejected your message to the following email addresses:

I will not enter your email here.
I tried but for some reason I could not respond to your wemail and you did not include a phone.

A system in daily use...

DSCN0310.JPG DSCN0313.JPG

I'm thinking that Emails are somewhat like Cell Phones- Dropped calls, missed calls, blah, blah, blah. I will call you as I now have your number. I'm ready to purchase an EFI Setup for my Cross Ram B Engine. I have read most of your articles. Your opinionated arguments are what brought me to you. When a man opens his mouth and blows out factual information- I listen. When a man talks ****- I know it. You Sir, seem to have a useful knowledge. My Engine Builder warned me against using FITech.
He has customers who are quite unhappy about warranty claims and time involved. Warranty? On a brand new part? WTF?
I want Complete Fuel Injection Components for my healthy(.0.40 Over, Forged Internals, Reworked 915 Heads, SS Valves Lunati Voodoo Cam) '67 383HP using a Cross Ram. Total Price is not my main concern. Best Bang for The Buck and hassle free installation are. I'm using a custom built aluminum fuel tank that eliminated the spare tire well. I have not yet cut a hole for a sump/sending unit/fuel pump. I do have two 8-AN outlets at the bottom right front of fuel tank.
A Sincere Thanks' and apologize'
tpg

I'm thinking that Emails are somewhat like Cell Phones- Dropped calls, missed calls, blah, blah, blah. I will call you as I now have your number. I'm ready to purchase an EFI Setup for my Cross Ram B Engine. I have read most of your articles. Your opinionated arguments are what brought me to you. When a man opens his mouth and blows out factual information- I listen. When a man talks ****- I know it. You Sir, seem to have a useful knowledge. My Engine Builder warned me against using FITech.
He has customers who are quite unhappy about warranty claims and time involved. Warranty? On a brand new part? WTF?
I want Complete Fuel Injection Components for my healthy(.0.40 Over, Forged Internals, Reworked 915 Heads, SS Valves Lunati Voodoo Cam) '67 383HP using a Cross Ram. Total Price is not my main concern. Best Bang for The Buck and hassle free installation are. I'm using a custom built aluminum fuel tank that eliminated the spare tire well. I have not yet cut a hole for a sump/sending unit/fuel pump. I do have two 8-AN outlets at the bottom right front of fuel tank.
A Sincere Thanks' and apologize'
tpg

No problem. Not sure why my emails to you got bounced back, but that's the past. yes,please give me a call and we'll see what the options are.

Rich - I'm running a Fast TBI (original, not the carb looking version) unit on a decently cammed 609HP 496 and it seems that the included IAC port is not sufficient to control idle at all conditions. Cold idle has the IAC valve wide open and it can still barely muster 650 RPM in Park, nevermind in gear. If I set the throttle blades to allow my 950 rpm idle cold in park (I'd prefer an 1100 rpm warm up idle), it cannot bring the idle down when hot and in Park, even with the valve closed. Is there an external setup you recommend, or maybe use a high-idle solenoid for a cold idle kick? It also requires I give it a few % throttle for a clean fire up when dead cold, but not when warm.

Thanks! ...and glad to see you're here!

BTW: I'm using a MegaSquirt 2.0, so I can control about anything that needs to be adjusted.

Rich - I'm running a Fast TBI (original, not the carb looking version) unit on a decently cammed 609HP 496 and it seems that the included IAC port is not sufficient to control idle at all conditions. Cold idle has the IAC valve wide open and it can still barely muster 650 RPM in Park, nevermind in gear. If I set the throttle blades to allow my 950 rpm idle cold in park (I'd prefer an 1100 rpm warm up idle), it cannot bring the idle down when hot and in Park, even with the valve closed. Is there an external setup you recommend, or maybe use a high-idle solenoid for a cold idle kick? It also requires I give it a few % throttle for a clean fire up when dead cold, but not when warm.

Thanks! ...and glad to see you're here!

BTW: I'm using a MegaSquirt 2.0, so I can control about anything that needs to be adjusted.

Obviously you have a radical cam. Did you try increasing the timing at idle?

I'm at 18 currently. What am I looking for to know if I went too far? Rougher running and loss of vacuum?

Side questions - Do you have an Orange E-body, and is that Tom Easterday with the Red/White/Blue '62 Dart? I think we've crossed paths at either Sonoma, Famoso, or Fontana...

No harm in bumping up the timing at low load. Got to 25.

The E body is a friend, and yes the 62 is Tom's that I drove.

Great advice... I went to 25, and continued fiddling with it until I found peak vacuum and a good AFR. I've now got it at 29° at 1000 rpm, sitting at 64 kPa (11"Hg vacuum) and 13.7 AFR. The 700 RPM column is set at 32° to help stabilize the idle. Cranks at 15°. That's 10 kPa better than it was before. I'll see how it does tomorrow on another cold start.

Tom is good people. I bought his spare 8" converter and picked up a few 10ths in the 1/4" over my previous unit.

Auto Transport Service
Back