• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiberglass hoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlimited is the WORST, GARBAGE, JUNK, CRAP, CHEESY, WARPED, WEEK, MADE WRONG, PIECE OF SH--T, did I say JUNK ,, 700.00 shipped . can you tell I am still pissed off.
Got my Unlimited hood in 94. IRRC, they were the only place that had a hood for a 66 Belvedere. Can't remember what I paid for it but shipping was only 42 bucks and yeah, it's a pile but it didn't bend on light duty hinge springs. The leading edge did want to try and come up at 100 mph but a little bit of resin and mesh fixed that. The finish sucks and it's wavy too but it did what I wanted and for cheap. Probably would not buy one again though....

Got my Unlimited hood in 94. IRRC, they were the only place that had a hood for a 66 Belvedere. Can't remember what I paid for it but shipping was only 42 bucks and yeah, it's a pile but it didn't bend on light duty hinge springs. The leading edge did want to try and come up at 100 mph but a little bit of resin and mesh fixed that. The finish sucks and it's wavy too but it did what I wanted and for cheap. Probably would not buy one again though....

As you can see, I had to put 4 hood pins on it, this is a bolt on hood, not the race weight hood LOL. thin cheesy JUNK

HPIM2269.jpg

Remember WS Racing Fiberglass?
I have one of there 63 front fiberglass bumpers hanging on my wall it was that bad.

Hail yes we make those parts for the 66 Coronet. We make fenders and bumpers for your car too! Hood, pin on , 17 pounds, $350 --- Trunk, pin on ,16 pounds $300 ---I ship with Old Dominion Freight Lines and the price changes daily due to fuel costs, but I do get a 67% discount and that really helps. As for the beginning of this thread, I checked my stock of used fiberglass parts, yes I sell used parts also , and have in stock a 70 RR hood with a hole cut for a carb, $150 and a 65 Belv hood with a carb hole for $150. Give me a call . If I don't answer, I will call you back asap. I have had this new phone for about 18 months and really like the workings. www.sledcityfiberglass.com
It would be awesome if you guys made a bolt on hood for a 62 polara

It would be awesome if you guys made a bolt on hood for a 62 polara
Our Sled City hoods can be made into hingable hoods by the customer or and body shop because of how we do our bracing. There is a certain dark blue 64 Dodge with an all out tube frame and a late model Hemi being built and basically featured here on this site that made my parts hingable and he did a great job. I told him how to do it . It has been done many times.

Our Sled City hoods can be made into hingable hoods by the customer or and body shop because of how we do our bracing. There is a certain dark blue 64 Dodge with an all out tube frame and a late model Hemi being built and basically featured here on this site that made my parts hingable and he did a great job. I told him how to do it . It has been done many times.
O really ! I am going to check out your web site for pricing. I see you guys sell a hood w/ scoop for a 62 Plymouth but not for a 62 dodge.

Last edited:
Just sent about 8 pictures of the 70 RR hood out to bad bird. Hood looks to be in really good shape with no cracks or stress marks. It does have a nicely cut hole for a Pontiac T/A scoop which could be covered up by any other scoop. Oh , "Superjockracer", the pictures were free and the hood could have next day shipping, and if he wants a scoop , I can put a scoop of his choice in the box with no added shipping cost.

After talking to Kevin at Unlimited and several other people and actually getting to see a 72 Dart cowl hood, ordered last fall from Unlimited, decided to go with the Unlimited hood, very happy for the most part, the inside where the scoop was attached could have had a bit more material put on 3 spots, but the outside is decent. 1st pic is right out of the shipping box the 2nd is after blocking with 100 grit paper, 4 coats of high build it should look pretty good in a satin finish

IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0452.JPG IMG_0454.JPG

After talking to Kevin at Unlimited and several other people and actually getting to see a 72 Dart cowl hood, ordered last fall from Unlimited, decided to go with the Unlimited hood, very happy for the most part, the inside where the scoop was attached could have had a bit more material put on 3 spots, but the outside is decent. 1st pic is right out of the shipping box the 2nd is after blocking with 100 grit paper, 4 coats of high build it should look pretty good in a satin finish

View attachment 412616 View attachment 412617 View attachment 412618
glad you didn't get a piece of crap from them like I did.I had to put a Thick aluminum screen in to brace the added scoop, at speed it bounces & flexes all over the place.

The AAR parts we for for my fathers 68 barracuda are really nice quality.

My AAR hood was great. Are there others out there? Maybe. I do wish I had connected with Sled City. Maybe next time on some other parts.

Hail yes we make those parts for the 66 Coronet. We make fenders and bumpers for your car too! Hood, pin on , 17 pounds, $350 --- Trunk, pin on ,16 pounds $300 ---I ship with Old Dominion Freight Lines and the price changes daily due to fuel costs, but I do get a 67% discount and that really helps. As for the beginning of this thread, I checked my stock of used fiberglass parts, yes I sell used parts also , and have in stock a 70 RR hood with a hole cut for a carb, $150 and a 65 Belv hood with a carb hole for $150. Give me a call . If I don't answer, I will call you back asap. I have had this new phone for about 18 months and really like the workings. www.sledcityfiberglass.com
If we all look back at what this man is working on , we can clearly see that he is working on a 70 Plymouth B-Body. And if you look at Stinger's list of hoods that they make, you can clearly see that they DO NOT make that hood. As for getting a good deal on shipping, freight companies have a minimum weight they go by. The one Sled City Fiberglass uses is 90 pounds. I can ship one trunk for "x" amount of money. Trunk weighs 15 pounds and the box weighs about 15 pounds for a total of 30 pounds. I can ship a set of fenders and a hood along with that trunk for the same as just a trunk. Which reminds me, Sled City fiberglass will start having package deals for a limited time starting Feb. 25,17. Complete packages or front end package only. Give us a call.
glassman do still have the 65 belv hood for 150.00

Sorry to jump in but, my dad is looking for a fiberglass hood for his 62 polara. The only thing he could find is a pin on hood. He was told it could be turned into a bolt on hood. Has anyone done this ? How hard is it to do ?

Yes I make the 62 Dodge hood, $350, and I also make fenders and bumpers. Hood has been made into a hinge unit. Call me at 1-614-875-0369 and I will explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back