• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally breaking ground!

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
After a year of trying to get estimates on a new garage I finally found a good contractor. He is good so I had to be patient but the time has come!

Its 28 x 40 with full storage trusses up to the last bay witch will have scissor trusses to accommodate a lift. They will put the shell up and I will be finishing the rest. Should start framing next week.
IMG_0549 (Large).JPG
IMG_0553 (Large).JPG

Im happy for you since my garage is a car port.

My current 20 x 24 garage is occupied by my Power Wagon and everything else is sitting outside.
IMG_0793.JPG

Looking good so far. Their never big enough and I put the roof on the first 24x24 in the wrong direction. Leaving no room for expansion.
We always need an expansion plan.

My brother and I wanted to build a garage. Currently , we work outside on a grass and dirt yard.
Anyway, we get this white dude with a clipboard (Tim Wilson joke) to come out. 21x28 garage, 4" concrete. No electrical, or plumbing. He quoted $32k. Maybe that's a fair price. But, we can't pay that.

Good to see that your Mopars will have a nice place.

That is a steep price for that size. My cost is $40k and that's with vinyl siding.

There are lots of differences in vinyl siding cost and quality.
Would much rather go metal myself. Far less combustible. But this year may not be the year for it prices are up again.

I have room to expand it another 100' wide if I need to.

There are lots of differences in vinyl siding cost and quality.
Would much rather go metal myself. Far less combustible. But this year may not be the year for it prices are up again.

My main reason for using vinyl is to match my house.

Full footer it looks like? I know going from a pole barn slab type garage to the one I have now with a footer really seamed to help with floor temps and moisture. Nice size, congrats. Check into Worth lifts, bought one primarily because they're American made and am very happy with mine, very beefy with big mounting pads.

Got some framing done. Trusses should be delivered early this week.
IMG_0558.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

Nice job there so far. I have finally got my new driveway in progress this week. Hopefully no more mud by the end of the month.

upload_2018-6-3_9-50-51.png

Thanks! Rain has been killing us this week but it looks to be dry the next couple weeks. Poor cars are sitting across the yard saying let me it!
IMG_0568.JPG

Trusses were delivered Wednesday and we got them ready and built the gable ends. Crane is coming tomorrow so we will have a roof soon!
IMG_0585.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back