• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

finally getting around to my 68rr after 10 yrs of hibernation!

Looks like someone got to my crossmember before me! pretty bent, cut up, and mangled. I cut off the "rewelded" auto trans mount, bent it back into shape and put in some supports. Will be blasted and painted soon.

IMG_0464.JPG IMG_0466.JPG

You will for sure have a classy well build Road runner for year to come.

Thanks E-440. I'm taking it one piece at a time. Trying very hard not to get overwhelmed! Im also in the process of building a bike, to get it ready for tax season. That profit should then pay for the trans and motor stuff for the car!

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this. My buddy came over with his makeshift forge setup and some scrap steel. We doodled up some templates and went to town on my old anvil. Pretty cool to learn the process. This is were I'm at after some tacos, beer, and a late night of pingin away. I uses an old leaf spring off a truck.

IMG_0490.jpg IMG_0492.JPG IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0497.JPG IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0511.JPG

Fixed my clutch fork today. Someone trimmed it down for some reason... my guess is rattling or clearance...??? Anyhow, I took measurements off another fork to fix it. Took a bit but probably will be one of the strongest one out there! lol

Trying to stay on the path of working on this thing at least once a week... but need to get a motorcycle build squared up and sold so the funds can be there for the trans and motor parts.

IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG

Looks like you've got your hands full, you've got the skills to do the job right with some top notch work going on. Nice work!

Auto Transport Service
Back