• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

finally my dream car.. kinda

Been a while since I have worked on this thing. I just picked up a bunch of parts for it and have started the mods. I have basically got an 06 charger r/t that i am putting into the 72.

here are some pictures of the progress so far.

20170114_105018.jpg 20170115_154523.jpg 20170115_160013.jpg 20170115_160052.jpg 20170115_160103.jpg 20170115_160125_HDR.jpg 20170115_160151_HDR.jpg

The rear fab work is going to be one of the easiest parts of this project. Grafting the front suspension in is going to be a nightmare lol. Plus putting in the charger dash, heater core/box, center console and , bucket seats. I need to buy a few tools before I can start on the front suspension, namely an angle gauge.

Welcome to FBBO Rick. Cool project and thanks for your service.

Good luck with the 2006 R/T Transplant

Welcome, welcome back. Thanks for your service to this great country. Looks like a great project. Look forward to seeing the melding of the 2 cars. Good luck.

Welcome back and thanks for keeping us up to date ....and thank you also for your service. :thumbsup:

ok so I disappeared for several years and didn't do much to the car. Life gets in the way ya know. So i have dug her back out and decided to do some easier stuff, still swapping the engine trans and rear suspension, just now i will use an after market front. QA1 front suspension and the Holley swap mounts and oil pan should get me started.

un-buried.jpg parts 1.jpg

Nice, somehow I missed the start of this thread. Belated welcome aboard from Ohio. AND, Semper Fi!(1stMarDiv, 70-71)

Well I am currently waiting on parts. The upper A arms are on back order. The motor mounts and Trans corss member I have no idea because Jegs has no status on them. I have heard that people are having issues with Jegs. I will just have to wait and see. Here to hoping I get them soon.

Last edited:
Welcome from Missouri!! I like 72 plymouth satellite's and I like the 5.7 Hemi. The combination should be Sweet!!

Auto Transport Service
Back