• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally Washed 1970 Roadrunner

Welcome from Pittsburgh! Curious, why she was in the garage for 14 months after puchase?
Thanks for inquiry. Well I have 4 kids and my youngest son was born several weeks after getting this beauty. 2 months after buying this 100 percent original condition survival RR it would only start if I didn't touch the clutch pedal or the shifter. Once running if I touched the original pistol grip shifter at all it would instantly die and shut off. When running if I pushed the clutch pedal in it would instantly die and shut off. I have owned so many cars but never owned a manual car. My dream car was a 1970 orange roadrunner and wanted an original console 4 speed like this. So had a lot to learn. Every mechanic I knew and trusted all assumed clutch was bad. Well had to wait a while cuz busy working life and 4 kids. We got started in fall of 2016 to pull out trans. Turned out that it had a new clutch in it. So we still put in the Center Force one i bought but my good friend mechanic had sudden family member pass and I had sudden back injury. So we waited until nicer Chicagland weather in March to start back up. Well with an original car like this I felt it better to start replacing more and more to update steering and more. Then once on ground again I started learning about wiring a little more and say several factory wires in the engine compartment towards firewall to dash were so brittle and falling apart. I followed a bad decaying green wire into the firewall and learned it connected to he clutch pedal neutral safety switch. The wiring was falling apart on the switch. Had to take my time and learn more and more. She is running amazing now and starts every time I try to start it. I have been taking it out almost every night for 20-40 minutes and SHE IS AWESOME. Planning my complete dash removal starting in late September due to some previous owner drilling straight through the factory firewall plug in a horrible way. SCARY step coming but I have done my home work very well on this next step and have a brother who is a MOPAR FANATIC. So gonna take my time doing the dash justice in a full factory restoration to bring back to perfect standing, all though all gauges work well..

Thanks for inquiry. Well I have 4 kids and my youngest son was born several weeks after getting this beauty. 2 months after buying this 100 percent original condition survival RR it would only start if I didn't touch the clutch pedal or the shifter. Once running if I touched the original pistol grip shifter at all it would instantly die and shut off. When running if I pushed the clutch pedal in it would instantly die and shut off. I have owned so many cars but never owned a manual car. My dream car was a 1970 orange roadrunner and wanted an original console 4 speed like this. So had a lot to learn. Every mechanic I knew and trusted all assumed clutch was bad. Well had to wait a while cuz busy working life and 4 kids. We got started in fall of 2016 to pull out trans. Turned out that it had a new clutch in it. So we still put in the Center Force one i bought but my good friend mechanic had sudden family member pass and I had sudden back injury. So we waited until nicer Chicagland weather in March to start back up. Well with an original car like this I felt it better to start replacing more and more to update steering and more. Then once on ground again I started learning about wiring a little more and say several factory wires in the engine compartment towards firewall to dash were so brittle and falling apart. I followed a bad decaying green wire into the firewall and learned it connected to he clutch pedal neutral safety switch. The wiring was falling apart on the switch. Had to take my time and learn more and more. She is running amazing now and starts every time I try to start it. I have been taking it out almost every night for 20-40 minutes and SHE IS AWESOME. Planning my complete dash removal starting in late September due to some previous owner drilling straight through the factory firewall plug in a horrible way. SCARY step coming but I have done my home work very well on this next step and have a brother who is a MOPAR FANATIC. So gonna take my time doing the dash justice in a full factory restoration to bring back to perfect standing, all though all gauges work well..

Keep it up. Finished cars like these keeps hopes up for mine to be someday working with my Son's.

Auto Transport Service
Back