• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD Fitech EFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He read the message and didn't reply, which then led to me missing the other deal as well.
The kid didn't cause you to miss out on the other deal, you caused yourself to miss out by not pulling the trigger plain and simple so don't blame him.... And didn't he let you know he did not feel comfortable selling to you in the first reply????

The kid didn't cause you to miss out on the other deal, you caused yourself to miss out by not pulling the trigger plain and simple so don't blame him.... And didn't he let you know he did not feel comfortable selling to you in the first reply????
Sorry, but if I read a message asking me to reply, I reply. He read it and didn't. That's just common courtesy.

It's one thing to miss it and not read it. It's another to read and not reply.

I'm not disputing courtesy and etiquette, what I'm saying it isn't his fault you lost out on either deal, you own that not him.
People have lives other than responding instantly to every post or request, we have no clue what is going on in each others lives and should take that into consideration before blasting someone. Not cool!

I'm not disputing courtesy and etiquette, what I'm saying it isn't his fault you lost out on either deal, you own that not him.
People have lives other than responding instantly to every post or request, we have no clue what is going on in each others lives and should take that into consideration before blasting someone. Not cool!
First off, I never blamed him or said it was his fault. I said the lack of response led to that outcome.

And I don't agree. If you have time to list something for sale and time to read a message about it, then you have time to reply, even if it's "sorry, not selling to you". It never was about blame. It was about courtesy.

He read the message and didn't reply, which then led to me missing the other deal as well
This is your quote, sounds like blame to me...but my wife and kids say I didn't understand what they say either... so maybe I'm wrong....dunno????
I understand missing out on deals and the frustration that comes with it, but again that's all on you for passing on the other deal, bird in hand.

The difference is actions leading to outcomes versus blaming someone for the actions. Hope that helps.

My guess he passed you Roadie because you aren't well known on here and didn't want to engage in a huge long drawn out fight, which looks like he might of been correct about.

The difference is actions leading to outcomes versus blaming someone for the actions. Hope that helps.
If you can't dish out the extra couple hundred bucks to buy it new you have no business buying a used one for 1,100. Quit complaining and go buy it from summit with a warranty

My guess he passed you Roadie because you aren't well known on here and didn't want to engage in a huge long drawn out fight, which looks like he might of been correct about.
I'm not fighting with him. I understand his point of view. We're cool.

The only ones drawing out any kind of activity in this thread are people like you, who aren't even involved.

If you can't dish out the extra couple hundred bucks to buy it new you have no business buying a used one for 1,100. Quit complaining and go buy it from summit with a warranty
First off, it was new, not used...

But, using that logic, there's no reason to ever buy or sell anything outside of retail? $300 (21%) savings on the same exact product, still new in box isn't worth pursuing?

You've sold wheels, tires, rear end, and drum brakes on here. Why did you sell them instead of tossing them in the garbage and let those people buy from Summit?

Last edited:
I'm not fighting with him. I understand his point of view. We're cool.

The only ones drawing out any kind of activity in this thread are people like you, who aren't even involved.

First off, it was new, not used...

But, using that logic, there's no reason to ever buy or sell anything outside of retail? $300 (21%) savings on the same exact product, still new in box isn't worth pursuing?

You've sold wheels, tires, rear end, and drum brakes on here. Why did you sell them instead of tossing them in the garbage and let those people buy from Summit?

I'm just saying, if it's me and I'm worried about spending a few extra bucks on top of that 1100 I had already planned on spending I shouldn't be spending that 1100 bucks in the first place. You missed out on the unit, oh well back to the Pontiac forums you go.

I'm just saying, if it's me and I'm worried about spending a few extra bucks on top of that 1100 I had already planned on spending I shouldn't be spending that 1100 bucks in the first place. You missed out on the unit, oh well back to the Pontiac forums you go.
Okay, so we now have established what you would do. That's great and all, but it has absolutely no bearing on me. Thanks for the help, I think?
I like Pontiacs what forum? Just bought a 69 GTO 400 ram air III 4 speed.
I'm primarily in the 1st and 2nd gen f-body forums, but here's a good one for all things Pontiac:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back