• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FNG from WA, MOPAR and Project Car NOOB

Ex_Birdgunner

Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

My name is Denis and I recently moved to Lacey, WA from Quebec Canada. I'm in the RCAF and will be here for 3 years. While the only "MOPAR" I currently own is a 2010 Grand Caravan I was rencently given the green light from SWMBO to realize my dream of restoring an old muscle car. While I always knew that my target years would be from 1968-1974, I have spent the last few weeks researching what I might like. However, I keep coming back to B bodies, especially after meeting a local '70 Roadrunner owner who told me about this site.

The funny thing is, my first car was a '78 Camaro RS and I always thought my project car would be another Camaro but the more I learn about B bodies from those years the more excited I get about the project. So I think I've narrowed it down to the following choices:

68-74 Charger, with the '69 being the dream pick! (Might even consider 66-67)
71-72 Roadrunner, GTX, Satellite
1971 Super Bee (I know this is based on the '71 Charger but I'm considering it seperate)

Now in order to get this going I have to work on raising some funds first. To do THAT I am working on selling off my large comic book collection, so if you know someone who collects comics that might help!

With that being said this will be my firrst foray into project cars so while I work at raising the $$$ I have time to research and hopefully find the right car because the goal is to get something that I will keep for many years.

So far this site has been helping out a lot and I look forward to learning more from all of you.

Denis

welcome FNG to the U.S. of A. & to FBBO, good luck on your pursuit of Mopar perfection.... you should consider the 68-70 RR's, GTX's, Super Bees, R/T's also on your list of what to look for...

Welcome to FBBO Denis. Are you stationed at Lewis-McCord? Good luck on your search for a project.

Welcome aboard PACNW is a great place to be

Thanks everyone for the welcoming.

Budnicks, I will take those years into consideration but the '71-'72 Road Runner/Satellite/GTX front grill just looks so bad *** to me.

Moparsmitty, Yes I am at McChord working at Western Air Defense Sector or WADS.

99ss, I really look forward to living here for the next 3 years.

Cheers,

Denis

Welcome to FBBO and Washington. I live in Spanaway and work at JBLM, few miles north from you.

hi and welcome to the site

Auto Transport Service
Back