• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Foose Nitrous rims on 71 Road Runner

Here are some 18" Foose:

IMG_4844.JPG

Do not buy Boss wheels, I have been waiting 3 months for my front wheels, I had a complaint about lack of communication and time frame so the owner of eagle alloys son cancelled my order.

Do not buy Boss wheels, I have been waiting 3 months for my front wheels, I had a complaint about lack of communication and time frame so the owner of eagle alloys son cancelled my order.
Wow, around here you can buy them at shows on the spot.. zero waiting. Maybe if someone was wanting a set just make sure you buy them from someone who stocks them. Places like Summit and Jegs have a lot of leverage and won't tolerate their customers being treated poorly.

There's a few different Foose Nitrous wheel designs {here's 3 below}
I like the 5 spoke design not a big fan of over 19's on 60's muscle cars
but depends on the size & stance too
not really into the bolts around the perimeter styles either
but you can get them with or without...

the 383's are for the disc brake design
have that extra clearance built into them
I'm not a big fan of the arching the spokes design either...

I've seen far worse too

after all this is the Resto-Mod & pro-Touring section where this stuff
is accepted as norm & not usually ridiculed either...

View attachment 357948
View attachment 357949
View attachment 357951
That first one is one of my favorite wheels.

I also really like the Foose Coronet rims, way outta my budget right now.

OK guys the wheel s are boss 338's I agree 383 sounds better . I worked at a rim shop for awhile I like the pro touring style and I've built a few in both categorys
Here's my 73 rallye I built with 18" boss 338's don't mind the adjustments we were off to get a alignment
143235-e65d2ea9713c139f4391234ae8bf9f36.jpg
also not sure about a problem with getting the wheels a buddy just ordered a set they came in quickly. I am fixing to order mine soon for my 72 charger build

I like the Foose wheels, kind of like the ones without the bolts better, too busy for me. For the price can't beat the Boss wheels.

I ordered ny front wheels febuary 7th with summit, on back order. Spoke with eagle alloys and they told me end of march, contacted Derek (owners son) for an upate and was told rims would be ready by the end of the week. Contacted derek the next week no answer for overca week. Posted a negative review on communication, he responded immediately and cancelled my order. Reordered with summit april 12th was told they wouk ship the next day. Called back after a week because i hadnt received shipping email. Guess summit only had 1 wheel, so order was changed to drop ship since eagle had 2 wheels at their chino hills plant where Derek works, still no wheels as of last thursday, called again abd now the wheels are supposedly coming from Arizona. This has not been a good transaction to say the least.

OK guys the wheel s are boss 338's I agree 383 sounds better . I worked at a rim shop for awhile I like the pro touring style and I've built a few in both categorys
Here's my 73 rallye I built with 18" boss 338's don't mind the adjustments we were off to get a alignment View attachment 417607also not sure about a problem with getting the wheels a buddy just ordered a set they came in quickly. I am fixing to order mine soon for my 72 charger build

What kind of backspacing, offset, wheel width did you go with? I like those wheels! But I do not know much about buying wheels and just want the widest tire I can get underneath the back without destroying my quarters. My wheel wells have already been rolled, so I have do have a little extra room.

Hmmm it's been awhile let me look for the paperwork. Your back spacing on a rwd car like the dodge will be around 0 up to
+ 5 I believe these were +3 the width was 9" in the front 10" in the rear. Of course your bolt pattern is 5x4.5 those were both 18" you could go 19" even 20" in the rear but I wanted some meat on the tires still the tires that are on there were rollers I wanted some more side wall .hope this helps

I think, generally speaking, the more meat between the rubber and the hub the better.
Avoid thin spokes.
Otherwise it runs the risk of looking like either a Conestoga wagon or a fat lady on tall spiked heals.
Wait, I think I like big ladies.
Scratch that.

Auto Transport Service
Back