• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so awesome Justin. You must be totally stoked with that. I am not in the least bit surprised that there were no issues at all. The care and attention to detail that you have put into this build has been second to none. It must be great to get that first drive under your belt. Congrats.

Jason

Whew whoooo :thumbsup:

That's great to hear, glad it all went so smooth.
Holding the phone while shifting was interesting....the bias ply's and the bumpy road makes it like steering on a marble, lol...

I am too...this is actually the first build out of many that has gone so smooth. I know why? Because all the others I didn't have patience like I did with this one...

Thanks for the compliment!

Justin

Someone needs a Go-Pro. :lol:
Great video and the car sounds awesome. :thumbsup:
Roger

Thanks and no kidding....Showed the video to Nat and she said next time I am taking the video...What she doesn't know is when that happens from first to second she might catch a glimpse of the headliner, lol....

Justin

Last edited:
Justin,

I am no photographer or videographer but if you want to have someone video your car from different angles while you drive it and get multiple videos, I would be more than happy to help!

That is so awesome Justin. You must be totally stoked with that. I am not in the least bit surprised that there were no issues at all. The care and attention to detail that you have put into this build has been second to none. It must be great to get that first drive under your belt. Congrats.

Jason
Jason

Great to see you around here and thank you for the compliments....I am so ecstatic I forgot I was under the weather, lol...It was and is surreal...

Justin

Justin,

I am no photographer or videographer but if you want to have someone video your car from different angles while you drive it and get multiple videos, I would be more than happy to help!
Bryan

I just may take you up on that offer.....At that time I will hand you some of those tools you need to finish your restoration....

Justin

Love it!!

I had a little flash back to looking over the black Ramcharger hood on my Coronet back in high school. Thanks!
Thanks for the compliments my friend!

The air grabber hoods always set the the car off....Everyone that has seen the car gravitate to the orange honeycombs...They all love them and a lot has to do with the contrast with the black...

Justin

I was able to skate out of work early today around noon. Sky was sunny but pretty windy temp was around 56 degrees....Today was the day but I had limited time due to weather. I made about 3 trips around the circle and had no problems. Everything was in working order and ran as expected...

Even now I still cannot stop smiling.....Add more insult to injury I am sick, lol but nothing was going to hold this up. Braked as expected, shifted as expected, carb responded perfectly and engine temp was spot on.....I am so ecstatic.....

I pulled the car in the garage and ten minutes later the temp dropped 10 degrees....Right now it looks like we are going to get ice/snow....its 43 degrees right now and dropping...Thats no matter now, lol...

What do you think DK?

View attachment 558812

Manual steering,lol. I remember using only one hand/arm to turn corners; not anymore!

That's great, glad the first ride went well.... wish you many more!

Manual steering,lol. I remember using only one hand/arm to turn corners; not anymore!
Jeff

I need one of these, lol...

steering-knob-all.jpg

Completely agree...and he would have said thats it for the drive? lol
Yes we definitely need a video of a full throttle run where you lose it halfway thru. Happened to me when I went to old workplace last summer(I corrected part ways thru) , so I didn’t look too bad! You kinda forget what ‘real’ cubic inches feel like with all the 4/6 cyls out there now.

Justin,
Happy for you brother!!! keep up the great work. Your an inspiration to many of us here!
Brian
Brian

Thank you for the compliments and kind words!

I was mainly inspired and driven by my pops.....the members here provided me tons of inspiration to truck along...

Special thanks to you and all the members involved in this thread! Even the ones not posting, Thank you!

Justin

"For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration"

Kind of says it all. :thumbsup:
100%.....If you only knew how long I pondered on how to appropriately label this thread....

I was tinkering around the X tonight and the memories kinda poured out.....Very tough not having him around....Would have given anything to be at this point and to hand him the keys....And see the grin on his face......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back