• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

From the great Las Vegas

jdenney741

Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I'm a native from Las Vegas, mother was born and raised here and great grandfather owned the first gas station in Boulder City (where the hoover dam is located).

Currently starting my search for a classic car to enjoy with my family. I'm 27 with 2 kids and a beautiful wife who supports my crazy addiction to cars. I've owned 13 in the past 5 years as different daily drivers and built 4 others in the garage... Most have been German vehicles, besides my 2 Rubicons.

Wish I could find a 1970 Superbird but unfortunately those are hard to find and more expensive to purchase. So I have turned my focus to finding a Road Runner, Charger, Challenger or possibly a GTO. The wife actually wants a Mustang but unfortunately for her I have never been a fan of them and fortunately for me I purchase the cars :)

I'm here to learn as much about the cars as I can and any info on where to possibly find a clean one would be appreciated. I would like to not buy one that needs a full restoration, something that I could buy and enjoy right away with only needing little things. Between school, dental applications, work full time and the family I don't have time to do a full restoration in my garage at the moment. Even though that is the goal one day.

Welcome from Pa! There are several members near/from Vegas. Good luck and attend the MATS show in April, to feed your addiction.

Yep, MATSLV April 21-23, 2017. Welcome.

^^^^^ Yep,Muscle Cars at The Strip .It is 90% Mopars.A good place to find a nice car for sale. Also look up "Mopars of Las Vegas" They will be having their club meeting the 28th of January. Clean Green Boulder City,, A great little town.

Welcome from the frozen Tundra. Good luck with your search.

Welcome to the club. There is a lot of knowledge here that will make your life a little easier for you....car wise that is lol. Good luck with dental school and juggling the family thing sounds like you have a full plate.

Vegas is I nice jumping off to vacation in the west. Bryce Canyon, Zion Nat Park Hoover dam and the Grand Canyon. I'm still crying about the %.25 I lost screw around with the slots at McCarron!! Woman went up to the slot I was playing lost a few bucks then a guy put in $5/6 bucks ding, ding Wins a $100. That's why I don't gamble. Good luck on your quest. PS forget the Frods and The Geet.

Vegas is I nice jumping off to vacation in the west. Bryce Canyon, Zion Nat Park Hoover dam and the Grand Canyon. I'm still crying about the %.25 I lost screw around with the slots at McCarron!! Woman went up to the slot I was playing lost a few bucks then a guy put in $5/6 bucks ding, ding Wins a $100. That's why I don't gamble. Good luck on your quest. PS forget the Frods and The Geet.

Frods and The Geet?

Yea gambling is a no go for me as well. I've won a couple bucks here and there but majority I have lost. The only times I've played is when friends came in town and wanted to go and gamble.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

I've already looked up the las vegas mopar club. My coworker told me about them the other day "smilin ed and Doug" apparently he has known them for 25 years.

So I'm going to make my way down to the shop one of these days.

Thanks for the show tips as well. My son loves going to car shows, pretty much has an addiction with cars like I do. That's part of the reason for this new car for the family. The memories I can make with my family.

Welcome. 3 of the 4 cars you listed are cool and we can help with.

Welcome. 3 of the 4 cars you listed are cool and we can help with.

I figured I would get that reaction sorry.

I like the gtx as well, the 68 satellite, and I'm sure I could think of certain kthers which I could see myself buying.

The Duster is really cool but I have a hard time coming to grips with the tail light location within the bumper. Even though there is a very clean 74 duster 340 for sale in vegas for what seems like a good price (14k).

If you haven't noticed its more or less the big boat body style that draws me in. Big long nose, big trunk, wide body, but super clean sharp body lines. Hence wanting the 440....

Even though the duster 340 used to give the nova ss a run for its money.

Welcome. I've owned a few other brands in the past, I prefer Mopars. Especially the older Plymouths. Gotta go with what you like or it quits being fun real fast.

Fords and GTO's there ok. Coulda shoulda missed out on a 1969 Boss 429 in 2001 for 15k one owner .Motor out and not sure he had original block, told the wrong person about it.

Speaking of big boats,My wife calls it the "Great White Whale''.I'll give you a good deal on this one.

IMG_2210.jpg

Hey Vegas - welcome to the site from sunny SoCal. You found the best site on the net for b bodies.

I figured I would get that reaction sorry.

I like the gtx as well, the 68 satellite, and I'm sure I could think of certain kthers which I could see myself buying.

The Duster is really cool but I have a hard time coming to grips with the tail light location within the bumper. Even though there is a very clean 74 duster 340 for sale in vegas for what seems like a good price (14k).

If you haven't noticed its more or less the big boat body style that draws me in. Big long nose, big trunk, wide body, but super clean sharp body lines. Hence wanting the 440....

Even though the duster 340 used to give the nova ss a run for its money.
IF it's a 440 you want. Ithe would be easiest to get a GTX, R/T Coronet or R/T Charger. Unless you want a 440+6, they may cost 80 to 100k for an authentic one though

Auto Transport Service
Back