• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

front sway bar add on

67belvedere/225

Local time
1:06 AM
Reaction score
who has put on a front sway bar on a there car that had none before and which one did they
use . classic industries has one ? is it any good and what the deal for adding the brackets for the
lower front control arms
thanks

I bought this swaybar from Summit racing.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/sum-720230

It comes with brackets that bolt to the shock mount.

I bought it because of those included brackets and because I wanted a solid bar (similar to the oem one).

Sorry havent installed it yet, but I can say it looks to be very well made.

Last edited:
Just wondering, did you mean to post this in the 66-70 section?

who has put on a front sway bar on a there car that had none before and which one did they
use . classic industries has one ? is it any good and what the deal for adding the brackets for the
lower front control arms
thanks

There's a newer design that eliminates the need to weld on brackets.

The ends bolt to the shock mount.

Pretty slick.

Since this was posted in the 62-65 forum I'll respond. My 63 Fury didn't have a bar. I purchased this from Firm Feel and am very happy with the fit and finish.

DSCN3746.JPG DSCN3748.JPG DSCN3750.JPG DSCN3751.JPG

Hey CO Dave, please tell us the before vs after details regarding the FF bar. Did you end up using a rear bar as well?

No, I don't have a rear bar. My car is set-up more like a drag car verses road racer. 12" wide rear wheels and 5" wide fronts, Calvert mono springs and Competition Engineering bars. Although the picture shows KYB shocks, I switched to Viking double adjustables front and rear. I didn't like the body roll taking off-ramps and now that problem is solved.

just got the the summit one today , saturday project , installing it and the rest of the suspension ,while the engine is being bored .060 over and the head shaved .100" that should bring up the compression a bit

just some random pics. I'm getting my sure grip posi next week , it was 400$ from the chrysler dealer
once i get the diff on and sway bar sorted . I'm going to build the engine

IMG_3954.JPG IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3932.JPG IMG_3962.jpg IMG_3949.JPG

I used a sway bar from a 69 b body. Drilled k member on front lip for the bar brackets and ordered couple "L" brackets from hellwig that the sway bar ends connect to. The L brackets are heavy steel that bolt to bottom shock bolt. Think was like $20 for those pieces. Have done twice on early b's and worked great

Auto Transport Service
Back