• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front Sway Bar Options for a '68 B Body

EngineerDoug

Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I could use some advice on selecting a front sway bar for my '68 Coronet. I will be using the 1.03" torsion bars from PST. The car will be street driven; I just want good handling characteristics. So suggestions on front bar size are welcome.

My other question has to do with the mounts that secure the bar to the K member. Mine are gone, but I believe the '68 used two oddly shaped brackets to adapt to the contour of the front of the K member. Note the bar does not pass through the K member, but rather in front of it. Most of the sway bar kits I have examined on the web don't seem to include these brackets - judging from the sometimes fuzzy pictures. So I am wondering which vendors actually do include everything needed to bolt on to a bare K member.

I am also curious to find out if a later model sway bar kit would work. My understanding is that these pass through the K member and don't need the funny shaped K member brackets. They use a simpler straight bar on each side of the K member instead.

Originality is not an issue for me, but I would like to avoid any Mickey Mouse one size fits all type of stuff.

Your advice is appreciated; thanks.

Look at Afco, etc., they make larger sway bars (1-1/8" ??). The mounts look like **** but you're pretty much stuck with those unless you want to deviate from stock. I made up a couple of decent looking brackets and welded them to my k-member and use the Afco straps. I'm happy with the results.

Auto Transport Service
Back