• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frustrated B-Body Owner

camp7981

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Been attempting to restore a 68 GTX for more years than I care to admit. I'm sure I'll find some useful info on this site.

My frustration started almost 50 years ago, still frustrated. Welcome, a lot of good knowledgeable people here.

Welcome from Ohio & I agree with 'Wiley' lol.

Well after some major bucks and endless time my '63 Plymouth is nearing the finish line. Yeah, major money but restoing a 63 isn't quite as easy as the later B's as there are many more parts to be had as I found with countless web searches and phone calls. Can't tell ya how many searches I made for stuff to hear "Oh sorry, we only go back to '67 or '68"! So it took spending more cash and then more head scratching time to devise stuff to get it together. I'm not knocking the effort it takes to redo a later B as I have friends who restoed them; but even a few of them did some scratching to help me on some stuff they didn't encounter. My resto has included some cortisone shots to get me through! Ahh to love old Mopars...you should find success with some patience and some dollars...the more patience you have it's a fair bet the less cash you'll spend.

Welcome. If it was too easy we would be Chevy owners.

And geez pardon me, I forgot to say the folks on this forum have been a super-tremendous help! I can't emphasize this enough! There is NO way I would have made it as far as I did without fellow member's help! You will be glad you have joined.

welcome to the madness from North Carolina

I would rather be frustrated working on one of these than most other makers cars out there..

I get frustrated constantly when working on my junk. But the feeling instantly goes away when I get on the road in one of them, windows down, running beautifully, and thumbs up from passing cars.

Have a 68 GTX as well - joined this site a couple years ago and have received a lot of good advice on many things during the restoration. Great folks on here. Welcome to FBBO and I'm sure if you stick to the site you'll get a lot of help as well..

Welcome to the dark side. There is plenty of good info and great people here.

Welcome to FBBO from hot, dry & sunny NorCal

good luck with the 68 GTX {my favorite year}

Auto Transport Service
Back