• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fue Line routing picure needed.

73HEMI_RR_GTX

Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Need some help. I'm replacing my fuel and vapor return line on my 73 Roadrunner which I modified over 40 years ago when I upgraded to 3/8s and added an electric fuel pump and **** canned the vapor return line. The fuel and vapor return routing I need is the transition from leaf spring front mount over the frame rail toward the tank inlet.

I'm in the process of replacing my complete exhaust system from the headers back and thought it would be easier to find a better location for my electric fuel pump while my fuel tank is out.

any help would be appreciated.
thx.

Hey Folks,
Need some help. I'm replacing my fuel and vapor return line on my 73 Roadrunner which I modified over 40 years ago when I upgraded to 3/8s and added an electric fuel pump and **** canned the vapor return line. The fuel and vapor return routing I need is the transition from leaf spring front mount over the frame rail toward the tank inlet.

I'm in the process of replacing my complete exhaust system from the headers back and thought it would be easier to find a better location for my electric fuel pump while my fuel tank is out.

any help would be appreciated.
thx.
Trash the vapor return line for a fuel return line and vapors won't be an issue and neither will vapor lock. If you need the lines original looking, run them down the right side of the frame rail in tight against the backside of the rocker panels. Allow for body flex when installing. Don't know what fuel pressure you need but now would be a good time for a quiet, reliable in-tank pump. They do come in lower pressure configurations.

Trash the vapor return line for a fuel return line and vapors won't be an issue and neither will vapor lock. If you need the lines original looking, run them down the right side of the frame rail in tight against the backside of the rocker panels. Allow for body flex when installing. Don't know what fuel pressure you need but now would be a good time for a quiet, reliable in-tank pump. They do come in lower pressure configurations.
Thx. Yatzee, I'm going for the original look. I know the lines run down the right side of the rocker panel. I have located the existing clip holes along the inside of the rocker panel. But I can't remember how it transitions towards the sending unit on the tank.

Some are hard to see with the undercoating, but if you look carefully you will see how it goes.
DSC04315.JPG
DSC04316.JPG
DSC04317.JPG
DSC04318.JPG
DSC04319.JPG
DSC04320.JPG
DSC04321.JPG
DSC04322.JPG
DSC04323.JPG
DSC04324.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back