• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel injection kits for 1970 SuperBee

jobberone

Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Took the six pack off and went to 4 BBL but still not happy with throttle response although cranks and drives ok. 440 mild build only I'd say about 300-350 DIN at the flywheel/flexor.

Thinking about MSD or FAST fuel injection system will plumb for return line yada. Talked with couple of people who recommend the Fitech system for less than 500 HP which is where I am.

So does anyone have anything tp say about these systems which includes a kit for no return line (not so sure about that) vs the multiport system from MSD etc. I want to set it up and forget it while getting better throttle response esp via it advancing and retarding ignition and delivering fuel properly and timely.

Thanks.

If you do fitech don't use their FCC (Fuel Control Centre) run an in tank pump or a high volume electric inline. Reviews are mixed on the FiTech some like it and others have had nothing but problems. I have 3 friends that run it and all have been happy.

The Holley Sniper is the same idea and also affordable. I'm waiting for the Sniper 8 injector unit and that's what I'm buying for my Blowthrough build

Fitech 1200 here, like hydro soon as the sniper releases I'll be selling the fitech. But for that horsepower sniper or fitech go efi is what I would use.

I have a fitech 600 hp system in the mail, but throttle response isn't any better than a properly tuned carb. Sounds like tuning is what you need; my 451 with a simple 750 Holley has instant response and easy acceleration.

The Sniper is Chinese and has been problematic for the FI LS crowd so I'd stay away from it. I won't use it. The Precision intake for Chevy will take 60 lbs and 30 all day but I don't know they have Mopar. If youre talking small boost #s blow thru u may be ok.

I have a fitech 600 hp system in the mail, but throttle response isn't any better than a properly tuned carb. Sounds like tuning is what you need; my 451 with a simple 750 Holley has instant response and easy acceleration.

A carbed system cannot change timing so throttle response will be dependent on other input. It cannot be as varied as a model using sensors. WOT will be similar though.

A carbed system cannot change timing so throttle response will be dependent on other input. It cannot be as varied as a model using sensors. WOT will be similar though.

All true, but throttle response is the transition from idle to part or full throttle. It doesn't take sensors or multiple timing adjustments, just a well tuned carb that's sized appropriately. If you drove my belvedere you'd see it - throttle couldn't be more crisp and instant

That said, im with you, i decided to go EFI because I'd enjoy tweaking the EFI and getting real time data over trial and error tuning a carb, which I have no experience with. Just my preference.

BTW my 440 cranks easily and drives crisply. I think more of my torque would be available just driving around but its not a huge deal. There would be more under the curve.

BTW my 440 cranks easily and drives crisply. I think more of my torque would be available just driving around but its not a huge deal. There would be more under the curve.

Yeah we're on the same page there. I understand that a seasoned dyno tuner can get a carb to out ET an EFI system, but not by much.

For all around enjoyment plus real HP / torque improvements from the near box stock carbs most of us run, EFI can't be beat.

Took the six pack off and went to 4 BBL but still not happy with throttle response although cranks and drives ok. 440 mild build only I'd say about 300-350 DIN at the flywheel/flexor.

Thinking about MSD or FAST fuel injection system will plumb for return line yada. Talked with couple of people who recommend the Fitech system for less than 500 HP which is where I am.

So does anyone have anything tp say about these systems which includes a kit for no return line (not so sure about that) vs the multiport system from MSD etc. I want to set it up and forget it while getting better throttle response esp via it advancing and retarding ignition and delivering fuel properly and timely.

Thanks.
Have two cars with two different systems. '64 Fairlane ( originally 5.0) now 340 stroker has Fitech backed with a Aeromotive Stealth pump. Unit controls timing, fuel pump speed and cooling fans. My Mopar has early edition of MSD unit backed by the same pump and powers a 630HP 512 stroker. Both units are a vast improvement over the expensive QuickFuel carbs I used to have and I'd challenge anyone with a carb for "coming out of the hole" or straight acceleration. A/F is bang on for both units and that translate to max power. I don't advise anyone to use these units without separate feed and return lines because constant fuel pressure is key to their performance.

i did the msd atomic on my 440ci. stock engine. i purchased base kit and ran my own return line to tank. i also sourced an in-tank fuel pump from tanksinc.com. bought an aeromotive fuel regulator. AN lines n fittings. it adds up but runs great.

Took the six pack off
I want to set it up and forget it while getting better throttle response esp via it advancing and retarding ignition and delivering fuel properly and timely.
I have thought the same some days, a six bbl can do that to you...BUT
My 70 Roadrunner is a V-Code, and whatever the future holds there will be 3x2 of them atop a RB Mopar under my hood.
I have considered the triple "2 bbl" throttle body multi port fuel injection system that uses the stock 6 bbl air cleaner, but it's too pricey for me for now.
http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/

Summit just released their own EFI system. Have not seen many reviews yet but its under 850 for 500hp system. I want to do efi on my 340 but want to go mpfi. The only options there are the 4000 bucks for Edelbrock pro flo system or custom jobs. I am leaning toward building a custom system with megaquirt and have my tunnel ram customized with rails and single throttle body barrel type top.

I have the Ederbrock Pro Flo3 with the self learning wide band o2. It works awesome and can be tuned with an android app. The Pro Flo 2 is almost impossible to tune.
I am at 460 of toque and 452 hp.

I did a lot of research between the Fitech, Sniper and the Holley Terminator and in my opinion the Terminator beat them for servicability and tuning capabilities but it was more than 2x the cost.
Luckily I fou d someone getting rid of a virtually new kit that I could afford.
Upgrades allow laptop tuning, injectors can be changed to support up to 1300 hp, IAC, TPS are all externally mounted and can be replaced with components bought from any auto parts house.
I can't wait to I stall it and fire it up!

Auto Transport Service
Back