• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Future of Late (75-79) B-bodies ?

Kind of getting back to the original intent of this thread.....like I said previously, I believe these cars will steadily increase in value(not astronomically)as muscle cars get further priced out of the hands of true hobbyist. I am including a link to clarify my statement, some may say that is nuts for one of these cars, I say it just proves my point. Buy a "muscle" car for this price and condition......BWAH ha ha!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/142229635639?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Yes, I saw that listing. It's gorgeous, (maybe because I had one exactly like it back in the late 70's, influences my opinion.) I think these cars have a good position in the entry-level collector car market.

A most interesting discussion. Funny how prices fluctuate over the years. I could go on and on about all the great rides I've owned in the past but I would only rig by boots to swing straight towards my *** for selling and trading them over the years.

I'll tell you one thing, and yes I'm biased, but I'll just about bet you the some of the B bodies will gain some value.

Especially the Chrysler 300 from '79.

With somewhat 5000 ever made, . I'd be shocked literally if there's even 100 of them left on the road.
I've seen a few, at the Nats, at Carlisle, etc. There's a few around here in NJ, I was going to get some parts for a guy I know for his car, he never got back to me & I lost track of him, so I don't know if he still has his car or sold it. Too bad there isn't a club or registry for those cars, that I know of anyway.

There isn't. I've looked. (Unless something snuck past me) Hell let's start one lol.

But yes, to the original use of thread....

These old beauties are gaining popularity because they were the "so-so" cars back in the day.

Soon traded/sold/scrapped/etc. due to gas prices, other auto options, demo derby's and so forth.

They won't have the value that true muscle cars have, but they'll stand strong with car enthusiasts of any kind.

There isn't. I've looked. (Unless something snuck past me) Hell let's start one lol.

But yes, to the original use of thread....

These old beauties are gaining popularity because they were the "so-so" cars back in the day.

Soon traded/sold/scrapped/etc. due to gas prices, other auto options, demo derby's and so forth.

They won't have the value that true muscle cars have, but they'll stand strong with car enthusiasts of any kind.
The demo derby does claim a lot of these cars. They are tough and durable in the derby. I got a ton of parts from a guy using a 79-300 for the derby. They really aren't considered a muscle car. They are a family luxury car. Even though you could get a big block in them that would get the car moving quite nicely.

Maybe in another twenty years the price might rise.Only because of inflation.I look at them much as the late 70's mid 80's Corvette.Not much of collector value in them compared to the 60's Vettes.The 75-79 Mopars in the 2 door variety will see the high water mark at about 10K on a good day. The black car shown is nice,but maybe the 6K range is where it may top out at.Only time will tell.The boys over on C bodies are going thru much the same with their cars.Let's hope for the best.

Maybe in another twenty years the price might rise.Only because of inflation.I look at them much as the late 70's mid 80's Corvette.Not much of collector value in them compared to the 60's Vettes.The 75-79 Mopars in the 2 door variety will see the high water mark at about 10K on a good day. The black car shown is nice,but maybe the 6K range is where it may top out at.Only time will tell.The boys over on C bodies are going thru much the same with their cars.Let's hope for the best.
Don't know if you actually looked at the auction for the black Cordoba, it has blown through $6000 and if reserve were to be lifted would sell for $8100 at the time I am posting this. Don't know if you meant to say "you" would pay 6G but obviously there are others willing to pay more. Don't get me wrong, I love me some muscle car but prices have gotten stupid. I would take the car posted for the price it is now then pay dumb money for "rust". Common sense has to prevail somewhere or there are still too many people out there with more money than brains. Just saying...........

Good, I want to be wrong.I hope it will sell well over 10K.And yes the muscle car days are over for me as far as today's prices go too ! After 2007 I called it quits and no more cars with a $30 K up price tag.10 years later and 30K is just the start if you want a car in #1 or #2 condition.Again I hope it sells high then when someone looks at mine for $4500 it will look like a bargain.

I feel like a bastard for saying this but I'm considering selling my 300 so I can buy a truck. I need something to haul my bike in as needed and for handyman jobs when I'm not on a film set.

i think it's possible certain B-bodies are going to appreciate. i was able to find this '76 Cordoba for a fair price, and since it's a 42,000 mile survivor car... if i care for it and don't pile on the miles, i expect at least what i paid for it to double. Well, that's IF i decide to ever sell it... no guarantee of that lol

The big secret is that these cars are indeed going up in value. It may depend on what part of the country you are in. There is a real "thing" going on right now with making restomods out of GM colonnade cars, and these late B's. I sold my 77 cordoba 3 years ago much quicker than I thought I would...and I realize now I could have gotten more for it. I now have a 75 fury sport (roadrunner lookalike) which gets unsolicited offers to buy everytime it is out (this body style is really hot due to its uniqueness and smaller, more trim appearance - it doesn't have the garishness of the Doba and looks more muscle car than personal luxury). Twelve years ago I had a 73 charger and 73 Satellite...I barely got rid of them for what I wanted out of them...now they would be worth several times more than what I got for them. 71-74 B bodies at one time were not that desirable...neither were the 71-75 A bodies..that has all changed. So it will be with our cars as well.

And I agree with the comment that one person made on this thread, that we give these cars a much harder time than the general public does. Park your Doba or Magnum out on a busy street for a day and see how many admirers and would-be owners come knocking. Its not a 68 Charger or 71 Cuda', but honestly, WE'RE the only ones who really worry about that.

Last edited:
I just read in the latest Muscle Car Review,That the Pure Stock Drags Assoc.has expanded membership to the 75-79 cars.This must mean that more are looking at these later cars than I thought.And these are not all 11 second cars,they mention a Corvair running 16 seconds.

The big secret is that these cars are indeed going up in value. It may depend on what part of the country you are in. There is a real "thing" going on right now with making restomods out of GM colonnade cars, and these late B's. I sold my 77 cordoba 3 years ago much quicker than I thought I would...and I realize now I could have gotten more for it. I now have a 75 fury sport (roadrunner lookalike) which gets unsolicited offers to buy everytime it is out (this body style is really hot due to its uniqueness and smaller, more trim appearance - it doesn't have the garishness of the Doba and looks more muscle car than personal luxury). Twelve years ago I had a 73 charger and 73 Satellite...I barely got rid of them for what I wanted out of them...now they would be worth several times more than what I got for them. 71-74 B bodies at one time were not that desirable...neither were the 71-75 A bodies..that has all changed. So it will be with our cars as well.

And I agree with the comment that one person made on this thread, that we give these cars a much harder time than the general public does. Park your Doba or Magnum out on a busy street for a day and see how many admirers and would-be owners come knocking. Its not a 68 Charger or 71 Cuda', but honestly, WE'RE the only ones who really worry about that.

Brother, EVERY time I go somewhere in my 300 I get looks, compliments and questions. Looks at the very least. It's almost annoying at times.

Yeah, gas stations.Everybody wants to talk and ask questions.Oh and speaking of gas stations anybody find that it's hard to get the SHORT gas hose to the center rear of your car ??

You nailed it. If they're the loud annoying type with a thirty minute story I just say I gotta go and leave lol. I don't mind chatting for a few minutes but damn.

That's what I love about these cars, you can pull up to either side of the pump.

I bought my '70 300 about 2 1/2 years ago and was very suprised at the attention it gets, either driving down the road or at shows. It's not perfect but gets attention.

I know where one is sitting dead very rust free with nice nice interior. It's in California anyone interested I'll get the guys number for ya

IMG_2697.JPG

Omg where's my cash roll lol. Here I am trying to sell mine but damn.

I believe part of the reason that '79 300 (2dr Cordoba Specialty Coupe) do not sell for higher prices is because hardly anyone has ever heard of one, much less seen one. So, how can there be much demand for something that, for the most part, isn't known to exist?

I have found over the decades that people are taken aback by the brilliant lipstick red interior. Everyone has been polite, but some people are clearly horrified. I should note, for the uninformed, that the brightness of the red has diminished somewhat over time; or I have retina damage. Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back