• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FYI: Sad Day For Mopar: W.P. Chrysler Museum To Close For Good Dec. 18th

Wonder what they'll kill next? Dodge, RAM, or Chrysler? I think they'll all go, except for Jeep.

That's bullshit! Send a press release out early November re: the closing and only have it open two weekends before the close date. Always wanted to go but now it's either 12/17-18 or not. I'm blaming Fiat. Don't know if I should but I'm pissed and want to blame someone.

I too say bullshit. Needed Office space my eye. A Millennial was involved here. Probably a bean counter.

Who get's all the cars...

That sucks. I've never gotten done there and I won't be able to in the next couple weeks either. mmissile didn't you have a picture of one of your car in front of it?

Walter P, the Dodge Brothers, and John Herlitz had more brains in their little fingers than whoever decided this. Shame. This is History and Culture and should be celebrated.

All the empty buildings in Detroit and they have to close a museum.....stupid people.

It's about killing off Chrysler, for good. They're gonna have a hard time removing that huge pentastar on the headquarters building.

Was able to make a visit 2 weekends ago. Lot's of cool cars and other stuff there. Some of the cars are there on loan from private individuals, but the majority of them are owned by Chrysler which makes you wonder what will happen to them. One of my most favorite cars was an awesome 68 Charger R/T, red with black vinyl top.

It's about killing off Chrysler, for good. They're gonna have a hard time removing that huge pentastar on the headquarters building.
They investigated, but it was too expensive to consider.
I might try to go to the museum this or next weekend.

It says they will still show the cars at limited events. Still a shame,that should be preserved eternally! I did go there once and that was a whole nuther story,,,,,,,,

What's Chrysler going to do with the Challenger? Always hoped they would bring out a convert model like Mustang did just look at how many Ford sold. Rumor was they were thinking if morphing the Plymouth 'Cuda to a Dodge 'Cuda to bring out this model.

BE9FF60C-B2A8-4832-AC61-E52226FAC532_zpsdgufnrf6.jpg

Glad I was able to make it there before they closed the doors.

I've always enjoyed the CEMA shows. I can't honestly saw I'll miss the museum, so much. It never changed, and had lots of wasted space. I don't see it being a great office space.

First place 2009 CEMA show
2zdod35.jpg

First place 2006 CEMA show

24e4cqh.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back