• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Car Ramps

I live in a condo - no room for anything. Don't even have a driveway.
The built up 2x's work well and you can make sections for varying heights. Hey, then you can use/store them as footstools in your condo or plant stands on the balcony.

If your car is low (or your other daily drivers), it may not make it up any standard ramp (useless on my DD). And you probably still won't be able to crawl under it.

Agree most metal brands will do if you can keep it from slipping. I'm personally weary of plywood built ramps w/o any inside structure.

A note on the wheel chocks - I bought some rubber ones from Harbor Fright about 6mos ago. The off-putting gases will saturate any room. Kept them outside in all weather for 2 weeks, didn't help. Have been in my garage since, don't smell as strong, but still smell within 4 feet of them. Just a consideration for a condo.

.........where are your lifting points exactly?..........
So you know this car is 2 X 3 connected. I'm lifting just forward of the trans cross member and inboard of the rear torque box. I need to make adapters to accommodate the exhaust so I'm planning to incorporate some length extension while I'm at it.
These are my "first time" lift pictures. Some learning was needed.
The skimpy rubber blocks they provide don't impress me, Lol, especially when stacked............
Qjack1a.gif
Qjack2.gif
Qjack2b.gif
Qjack3.gif

Love this portable lift, roll it under the car and lift. Worth the money I think this one was 800?

IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG

So you know this car is 2 X 3 connected. I'm lifting just forward of the trans cross member and inboard of the rear torque box. I need to make adapters to accommodate the exhaust so I'm planning to incorporate some length extension while I'm at it.
These are my "first time" lift pictures. Some learning was needed.
The skimpy rubber blocks they provide don't impress me, Lol, especially when stacked............
View attachment 434197 View attachment 434198 View attachment 434200 View attachment 434201

ya, those rubber blocks do not inspire much confidence. lol

I took two lengths of 2x8's 8' long and put them on top of each lift. raised it that way and it worked pretty well, but im still kinda shaky on the whole deal. dont want to drop my baby into the wall or worse yet, the Dart that lives next to her.

Love this portable lift.......
I like the mid rise scissors height and they had me interested, but I really felt a complete open area down the center would be more beneficial to me.
I didn't know anyone with one to ask about it. How's that area working out for you? Any drawbacks?
...........dont want to drop my baby into the wall or worse yet, the Dart that lives next to her.
Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Way back, my uncle broke a wrist under a car when his jack failed. Could have been much worse.
Don't forget, you can turn these 90° and lift a car that way.
I gave mine a really good shake as it came just off the floor in those pictures and I was surprised how stout it actually felt. Eliminating the thick rubber block and the 2-by for something solid and longer is in my future.

I like the mid rise scissors height and they had me interested, but I really felt a complete open area down the center would be more beneficial to me.
I didn't know anyone with one to ask about it. How's that area working out for you? Any drawbacks?

Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Way back, my uncle broke a wrist under a car when his jack failed. Could have been much worse.
I gave mine a really good shake as it came just off the floor in those pictures and I was surprised how stout it actually felt. Eliminating the thick rubber block and the 2-by for something solid and longer is in my future.

I may try the alternative lift position...thanks! :thumbsup:

So far I haven't had any issues with it

Do they slide? Do you think that the chin spoiler on a new Challenger will clear on approach.

Dennis,
Lend me your car for a week and I'll check it out... The ramps did not slide. I've had steel ones that did and I used the 2X4 fix.

Auto Transport Service
Back