• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gauge Questions! Probably for the doc.

firstgenfan66!

Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score
So I just got the gauges back in the car started it up and nothing. No lights, no response to anything. I know its hooked up right but not sure how else to track anything down to check if it has power going to it.

So couple things.

I'm debating to keep the look and appearance of the gauges and see if I can find someone to put in digital gauges that track what the old ones did. Anyone out there do that? Opinions? The car is not original anyways since its a different motor and paint color.

The other thing is sending it to the doc probably? but not sure how much money that would cost compared to the other?

To have my gauge cluster restored to factory original at Redline cost me $1500 and I have to wait about 4 months.

No offense, but it sounds like "maybe" it's not hooked up right. If you have nothing at all in the gage cluster, I'd start with
1. the hot wire (fuse?)
2. ground wire(s)
3. try to re-connect the big multi-pin plug in the back of the cluster (very gently) and maybe spray some electrical cleaner + dielectric grease on the connector

Auto Transport Service
Back