• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Milk........

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
WHAT'S going on?.... :angryfire: Have you seen the price of Milk Lately....Over $3.50 a gallon.....I remember milk being delivered in glass bottles.. Ice cold... That's the best.....I still gotta have Milk.... With my favorite cookie too.....Stop taking my milk money away..............

6a01156faec925970c017c31f0034e970b-800wi.jpg

right now a gallon of gas is cheaper than a gallon of milk...thats ridiculous

I just saw an article said it will be over $7 gallon

I drink almost a gallon a day

I still have my milk delivered once a week.....Here in MI it will double because the price of hey or straw (which ever it is) went through the roof...the price to keep them alive is not worth keeping through this winter....you couldn't get a cow into the slaughter house rite now if you tried unless you payed top dollar then you have to charge top dollar for the meat. Crazy

We need more switch grass...LOL

all food prices are going thru the freaken roof

:iamwithstupid: I do love a nice glass of cold milk... with all the new federal regulations & taxes coming our way, all the time now, you can expect the price to go even higher.... My neighbors family owns a dairy farm, in Oakdale Ca. area, I here all the complaints, all the time, they have to pass the price on to the public, or just go under, or sell out, they aren't getting rich either, this is a 4th-5th generation dairy farm too, it would be a crime to have to sell now... It's a sad state of affairs... Dumb asses in DC

When i was growing up, we used to get out milk straight from the milk vat. Tasted alot better than the proscessed milk they have in stores nowadays.

I was taking part in an airshow in England in 1982, and bought a half litre of milk in a store there. In came in the little glass bottle like we got in schools in the 70s, which was cool. I opened the top, took a gulp, and spit it back out. I looked at my crew and said "yuck, that milk is bad or something." It was really thick, and one of the guys checked it, laughed, and told me their whole milk really is whole milk and you have to shake it up before drinking it since all the fat rises to the top. :)

When i was growing up, we used to get out milk straight from the milk vat. Tasted alot better than the proscessed milk they have in stores nowadays.

X2 and same with cheese.We would alway get it fresh from the milk hauler,that prepackaged crap in the store dont even compare.

It is mainly because of the dry weather. The dry weather has affected the source for alfalfa (hay) that they feed the cows. That has made the dairymen to have to go farther to retrieve the feed, more fuel costs. And the price of the feed itself has gone way up because of the drought. The dairies around here have their own fields of hay, but because of the drought, and restrictions on irrigation, they are only getting 3-4 cuttings instead of the 5-6 they would normally get. They have to supplement this by buying the hay elsewhere.

welcome to our world. we have been paying those prices for some time now. thanks to our milk marketing board. ice cold milk is the only thing that quench's my thirst the morning after the night before.

welcome to our world. we have been paying those prices for some time now. thanks to our milk marketing board. ice cold milk is the only thing that quench's my thirst the morning after the night before.
I did that one time after a i went out drinking one night(hard liquor). Come dowstairs and got a glass of milk. It currdled right in my stomach and me and the chair went over onto the floor passed out. Needless to say my mom set up an appiontment to have me go get a brain scan. They didn't find anything and my mom still doesn't know the real reason to this day.

Auto Transport Service
Back