• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

greasable LCA pivot shafts

polywideblock

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
my greasable pivot shafts came with poly LCA bushes but everybody is telling me to use the rubber ones that came with the PST poly super front end kit . which LCA bushes should I use? ,I don't want a "harsh" ride which is what I'm being told I'll get from the poly bushes

If you purchased greasable pivot shaft than you should use the bushing that were supplied with the kit. The portion of the shaft that goes into the bushing on the greasable shaft is actually larger than our stock oem style non greasable. We did this so you do not need to re use the inner sleeve like you would have to with a conventional style pivot shaft when using polygraphite bushing. When properly greased polygraphite bushings will not squeak. You will not have a harsh ride with bushings that are included with the kit. The shafts are designed around using the polygraphite bushings.

Thanks
James

where do I get the special grease for poly bushings ?(I'm in Australia ) have looked on your site but can't find it

Harsh=low amounts of suspension flex and more steering response, better cornering. I kinda like harsh, like I really like firm auto trans shifts.

I can tell you I've built and driven three cars with all polygraphite front ends.
Including LCAs and anti-sway bars.
My daily driver has almost 200 thousand on it with no problems whatsoever.
I did not use greasable ones. They just came with some clearish assembly grease.
I only used MOOG hard parts.

where do I get the special grease for poly bushings ?(I'm in Australia ) have looked on your site but can't find it

You can use white lithium grease.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316
jfrom@p-s-t,com

Auto Transport Service
Back