• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guessing game. what Mopar does this fit?

monaco66coupe

Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
I got it along with a group of parts. The transmission case hole is just a hair under seven Inches in diameter. Aluminum case by the way, and no part number. It fits perfectly on the 383-440 block.
20170220_180753.jpg

My guess is a pre torque flite automatic trans. I forget what they call them, doe it have cooling vents in the side, or it might be a early truck creeper gear trans.

I thought of that, but It is aluminum. I have an original 1956 powerflite transmission sitting here as well, that weighs four bazillion pounds. This bellhousing is as light as a feather. Anybody?

With a hole that big in the center can't believe its a stick shift. If its magnesium ??

Is it for a Marine out drive for a boat ?

Bombardier twin tracker, 1954, chrysler straight 6....

Looks kinda like the early hemi bellhousings, aluminum started in 61 or 62 I thought...maybe it's an aftermarket piece?

Okay...It is industrial! Maybe it is for a huge water pump?

I got it along with a group of parts. The transmission case hole is just a hair under seven Inches in diameter. Aluminum case by the way, and no part number. It fits perfectly on the 383-440 block.View attachment 398092
I would tell you, if you would answer my Personal message- conversation messages........................8-)...................MO

I see no mounting boss for clutch linkage. I stand by by guess that it is some type of adapter to power something NON automotive. A water pump, a generator, a boat out drive...

I thought of that, but It is aluminum. I have an original 1956 powerflite transmission sitting here as well, that weighs four bazillion pounds. This bellhousing is as light as a feather. Anybody?
without more pics, I can't tell if it has provisions for a cluch fork...........................MO

WTF ?????Did the OP fall asleep ???

HELLO ?????
What happened? What is the correct answer ????????

Hey Kern,
I actually don't know! I am hoping someone here does. It was with a pile of bell housings I acquired, and have been searching for any kind of number anywhere.
Nothing! It definitely fits the 383-440 block. I would ask the previous owner, but he is dead! There is a Inspection cover that goes with it that covers a square slot, but nothing else, no clues,nothing. The transmission bolt holes are further apart than normal. Maybe a four wheel drive unit?

Auto Transport Service
Back